Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This error appeared earlier.I have read the fault with Fiatecuscan and front right wheel speed sensor seems to be the culprit.....C1201 FRONT RIGHT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR..what I want to know is how to check it and is it diyable?and how much would a new sensor cost?I presume it is located in the hub somewhere.I have cleared the fault but it appears again after 5 minutes of driving and my battery is only 2 months old.Any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers.

L

·
0 Posts
what age is the GT?

I suspect its newer than 04? if so the ABS sensors will need to be bought from Alfa dealer. there will be a black connector on top of the chassis leg, you'll need to remove the wheel arch liner in order to pull the cable thro. the sensor will be held in place by a 10mm headed bolt, it should open without breaking & the sensor will wiggle out if you lube with WD40 & grip gently with a long nose pliers. the new sensor can be lubed before fitting, be sure to keep the hole of the sensor aligned with the htread hole so as not to damage the tip as its been fitted.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
euro car parts was best price i found.........much cheaper than dealers and ebay
one u have swapped it the error will still show on dashboard.......ie the 2 lights still on but a short run will knock them off

Gary

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would say check the wiring connectors first especially if the relevant front wheel has been off. Mine has thrown a wheel error 3 times now when I have disturbed the battery or wheel. Disconnecting and remaking the connector (the one behind the battery in my case) has always fixed it.

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts