Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alfa GT jtd 05 cambelt faliure

Tags
faliure
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  aajunior 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All, Im after some advise on what to change on My Alfa GT as the cambelt has snap whilst driving the vehicle at low speed, the engine has been cranked over after the event!

Not sure whether to just change the belt kit and the water pump and take it from there?

One local garage has advise to change all 16 rocker covers round the valves, anybody know if this is worth doing?

Vehicle has done 55000miles and i belive is on original belt.

Thanks in advanced.

#3 ·
Hi All, Im after some advise on what to change on My Alfa GT as the cambelt has snap whilst driving the vehicle at low speed, the engine has been cranked over after the event!

Not sure whether to just change the belt kit and the water pump and take it from there?

One local garge has advise to change all 16 rocker covers round the valves, anybody know if this is worth doing?

Vehicle has done 55000miles and i belive is on original belt.

Thanks in advanced.
You need to change the following

Cam belt
Tensioner
Idler pulley
Water pump
Cam carrier gasket
4 x Injector seals
16 x Rockers
Oil and filter change

We charge £850 inc VAT for this job

Locking tools must be used as the cams sometimes twist and go out of time in the cam carriers, injectors can be very painful to get out

Some times they also break the key way in the cam pulley, these are about £80

Ned

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.