Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, Im after some advise on what to change on My Alfa GT as the cambelt has snap whilst driving the vehicle at low speed, the engine has been cranked over after the event!

Not sure whether to just change the belt kit and the water pump and take it from there?

One local garage has advise to change all 16 rocker covers round the valves, anybody know if this is worth doing?

Vehicle has done 55000miles and i belive is on original belt.

Thanks in advanced.

M

·
0 Posts
If the belt has snapped then you will need to change the rockers. no point just changing the belt and water pump as it will not run correctly.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Hi All, Im after some advise on what to change on My Alfa GT as the cambelt has snap whilst driving the vehicle at low speed, the engine has been cranked over after the event!

Not sure whether to just change the belt kit and the water pump and take it from there?

One local garge has advise to change all 16 rocker covers round the valves, anybody know if this is worth doing?

Vehicle has done 55000miles and i belive is on original belt.

Thanks in advanced.
You need to change the following

Cam belt
Tensioner
Idler pulley
Water pump
Cam carrier gasket
4 x Injector seals
16 x Rockers
Oil and filter change

We charge £850 inc VAT for this job

Locking tools must be used as the cams sometimes twist and go out of time in the cam carriers, injectors can be very painful to get out

Some times they also break the key way in the cam pulley, these are about £80

Ned

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help I will change all pulleys and rockers etc, hopfully will be all good once changed.:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Autolusso will repair it for £850 IIRC.

Factor that a cam belt change is £250 anyway and the failure is "only" costing £600!!

normally a cam belt and water pump service would cost you around £400-£500
so really its more like £400 for the work, great value,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts