Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I decided to change my 156 for a shiny new GT Cloverleaf last year, and lo and behold whilst 8 years may have elapsed between my purchases Alfa's ability to incorporate all manner of annoying squeaks, creaks and general random & unwanted noises within a new car remains. My new car has all the annoying problems that I finally overcame with my 156 (creaking dash/windscreen flex/drivers seat creak/ceiling trim rattle etc) and more besides.

It will be going into the dealership for the 7th time (in 9 months) shortly, and I have decided to have a good old rant at Alfa regarding my various issues. However, 1 further thing that I have noticed today (when trying to find the source of a passenger seat rattle) was a cable (which is coiled like a phone cable) beneath both the driver and passenger seats which has a plug that is not connected to anything. Can anyone tell me what this is for - I would think it maybe something to do with the airbags, or maybe heated seats (the seats in my GT are not heated)?

Thanks, GG

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nae idea what the cable is for, iam going to look under my seats to-morrow. I have a 58 plate GT which has one creak, but i just turn up the volume on the bose sound system

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Do you know what? My GT hasn't a creak, bang or squeak to be heard, it amazes me! When I've had an unwanted noise it's been a loose cd, sunglasses, sweets or something in the glove box. I even drive with the stereo off to see if I can hear one. The previous owner said he had all the creaks sorted as they bugged him and he was used to German cars. He was true to his word, on selling me his GT he purchased a brand new EOS................................

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, my 156 had yellow cables too, the GT has black ones & I assume that they'll be for the airbags, but am a bit concerned that the "plug" connection is hanging loose and that there is no obvious port/socket to put it in.

Re. the creaks - Yes the bose stereo does come in handy (I have mine at a minimum level of 15 to drown out the creaks) - maybe Alfa decided to improve the quality of the sound system rather than invest in any quality control in assembly!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Yep, it's for heated seats ... you'll be able to retro fit them if you want :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Where does the switch go?
If it's like the 156 (which I assume it is ...) the switch is actually part of the seat ... (it should say in your owners handbook ... :thumbs:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts