Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Paul.O Always when parked, on a slight incline with the boot down the slope. I am becoming so deranged that I am considering the possibility that rain can pass through solid steel!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have spoken to Dan at Autolusso Penrith, a mine of Alfa knowledge and very helpful, replaced the oil cooler about a year ago. He confirms this GT boot leak can be a nightmare. Will now re seal the boot hinge with RTV silicone assisted by a blast with a hot air drier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Have liberally squeezed JB Weld RTV silicone under the right hand hinge and applied heat for an hour to cure it.
Initial watering can experiment is promising. I find it incredible that water finds it way through the two 6mm hinge screw holes into the boot in such a quantity but if it works in a downpour only then will I be convinced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi GT Hans, Revealing my IT ignorance I cannot see any download possibility on your post. Help!!
cheers
Oldebiker

·
Administrator
5,019 Posts
There is also a parallel thread on the same subject which has some added tips.

·
Administrator
5,019 Posts
You just click on the pdf icon and it downloads unless you have anything set on your computer which is stopping it from doing this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi PaulO, That is what I would have thought but no PDF icon to click on. Incidentally I see that you are a site Moderator perhaps you can advise how to get rid of the grey blobs which obscure the screen?

·
Administrator
5,019 Posts
How strange, does it happen in dark mode? do the grey blobs move around or are they static.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The blobs are static. More important for me is if you could forward the PDF from GTHans solving my BOOT LEAK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks PaulO. Waiting for Tiger glue to arrive from ebay but convinced that the leak is coming from the rear quarter window. The grey blobs only appear when I am logged in. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Perhaps they're a computer oil leak :) That is absolutely bizarre, but the huge red splodges on the LHS aren't normal rendering either. However! they are oversize rendering of the small shield icon on paul.o's avatar - see image below.. Which makes it look like a forum CSS/browser rendering issue. Try a different browser, I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@oldebiker, I see that you are convinced that the leak is coming from the quarter window.....what do you mean by quater window ?

Is it the smallest windows on the car ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes GTHans, the small fixed rear window. This window has sufficient height to allow a leak to travel downwards onto the side plastic trim in the boot and then find its way onto the boot carpet and the boot well. Wll let you know what my imminent window sealing achieves.
My thanks to Halftone, a change from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome seems to have cured the gray blobs.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts