Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have digested all the wisdom in previous posts about water in the boot but no joy. I have clear taped over the entire length of the roof seals and the rear light clusters and siliconed the hinge brackets -the wetness remains mainly on the carpet around the rim of the wheel arch. My question now to wiser heads than mine is: are there body seals under the rear wheel arches? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Oldebiker,

You are not the only one with this problem, ive got the same story as yours.Still no luck to solve it.....

Lets wait for a solution ...........

gr Hans

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't have a GT but saw a video on YouTube recently of a Russian guy removing the rear bumper.
I was actually looking for info about top edge side attachment on a 147, which turned out to be be different, via the wheel arch like the front. The GT upper edge fastenings are inside the boot, behind the side trim panels. His boot is rusty and I thought at the time that seam was likely to leak and admit water into the boot. Take a look at the video, see what you think.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
Good find, one area to look for next time I go into the boot....

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could be some mounts for bumper. Does your car have a sunroof. Perhaps it is leaking and water is travelling backwards. If the car has had accident damage in the rear there could be some sealant which was not re-fitted in the correct places after the repair.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be some mounts for bumper. Does your car have a sunroof. Perhaps it is leaking and water is travelling backwards. If the car has had accident damage in the rear there could be some sealant which was not re-fitted in the correct places after the repair.
Thanks for the advice Halftone and Mikesalfa. The video was very useful, I am not aware of rear bumper damage and it looks likely that the bumper might have to come off. I am still very curious to know if there are body seals under the rear wheel arch covers. Any pointers to a body shell drawing would be helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts