Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning. I've bought a GT recently. This is a simple question. Should the boot pop open when i press the button? I press the button and it just unlocks, and I have to get my fingers under the boot to lift open. I had a quick glance yesterday, but couldn't see how it's meant to work. I'll have a proper look in a bit, as my primary job yesterday was reseating and resealing the injectors.

Thanks in advance and sorry for what is probably an easy question.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good Morning. I've bought a GT recently. This is a simple question. Should the boot pop open when i press the button? I press the button and it just unlocks, and I have to get my fingers under the boot to lift open. I had a quick glance yesterday, but couldn't see how it's meant to work. I'll have a proper look in a bit, as my primary job yesterday was reseating and resealing the injectors.

Thanks in advance and sorry for what is probably an easy question.
Mine does the same:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also just recently got a GT. Mine pops up about an inch so I can get my fingers under it easily but it doesn't open completely on pressing the button.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The rubber bump stops tend to stick, twist the rubbers and they should pop out on springs, give them a good squirt of your preferred freeing agent.

Should lift the tailgate enough to get your fingers under comfortably.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
69 Posts
Further to Pubs post, turning mine did nothing but putting a hex wrench in the hole in the centre of the rubber stop & twisting, made it pop out 20mm. Result, but, now have to make sure boot closes properly instead of just gently putting it down:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Mine is a pain, it hardly pops up at all but it never makes a squeak or a rattle either so it's staying like it is :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the suggestions. I unscrewed the rubber stops a bit and gave them a clean, pops up about 5mm which is more than before. That'll do, because the boot seals fine. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to the group, does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber stoppers for the boot release, I just got my gt and the rubbers are missing :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts