1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents

Can someone help

My bonnet got keyed this evening whilst picking the kids up from school,

Quick questions is what is the bonnet made of steel, aluminium or something else would be useful to know as I am getting quotes for a repaint

Cheers

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Mild steel, same as every other exterior panel.

Good luck

Pub

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for letting me know luckily father in law was in the trade so I am hopeful we can find a decent painter who can get it sorted

Wish I could find the buggers who did it though but such is life

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could be cheaper to find a matching coloured Alfa 147 bonnet and just change the chrome badge piece out.
Also need to be mindful of the space between the washer jets as there are two versions on the 147.....don't pickup a facelifted bonnet either!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angry ex?

been with the current one for 17 years now I know they have long memories but that long..... if that's the case then the male of the species is screwed.

Did think on new bonnet but worried about getting a decent match due to paint fade, at the body shop this morning so will know what the damage is going to be

Sadly no cctv it happened outside the kids primary school I have a decent idea of why but not the who

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sadly no cctv it happened outside the kids primary school I have a decent idea of why but not the who
Ah, parking right in front of the school gates eh? I know the type. :tut:

Pub

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wish it was, but no off the road next door to the school not blocking any access etc

I have to behave as I am a governor of the school

but due to an accident the week before we have just changed the parking restrictions....

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Someone here order a slice of humble pie? :)

Pub

S

·
0 Posts
Sickening and happening all too often. The interweb is not helping with all the viral video's making it a trendy thing to do. Hope you get it fixed OK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts