Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been in conversation with the guys at Alfaholics to find they are 3-4 weeks away from introducing a GTV 3.0 oil cooler kit, which should with minor pipe work modifications be suitable for the GT V6 and 147 GTA. Still can't believe that Alfa doesn't make one of the pipes anymore, but I'd much rather buy a Goodridge stainless version anyway. Lets hope Alfaholics can pull this one off!!

On another note, they were saying the supply of Q2 diffs have virtually dried up, as none of the new cars have them.....

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Just been in conversation with the guys at Alfaholics to find they are 3-4 weeks away from introducing a GTV 3.0 oil cooler kit, which should with minor pipe work modifications be suitable for the GT V6 and 147 GTA. Still can't believe that Alfa doesn't make one of the pipes anymore, but I'd much rather buy a Goodridge stainless version anyway. Lets hope Alfaholics can pull this one off!!

On another note, they were saying the supply of Q2 diffs have virtually dried up, as none of the new cars have them.....
We are also developing an oil cooler kit to replace the standard one

We have a couple of Q2 difs in stock but we are no longer going to be selling the Q2 as we have done a deal to supply Quaife diffs which are much better quality our complete kit is £550 inc VAT or £650 fitted

Ned

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are also developing an oil cooler kit to replace the standard one

We have a couple of Q2 difs in stock but we are no longer going to be selling the Q2 as we have done a deal to supply Quaife diffs which are much better quality our complete kit is £550 inc VAT or £650 fitted

Ned
Can't wait to hear more details about your version of the oil cooler Ned! Will you be upgrading to stainless pipes and a half decent radiator? Any idea of the cost for an oil cooler kit yet and expected sale date?

·
7,045 Posts
Any news on the GT 3.2 oil cooler as mine has just gone pop?????:rant::mad:
I have a kit that will sort it out, also it means you don't have to drop the engine to change the pipes, it will do the job fine long term but I am working on a better kit

I am waiting on some parts to arrive but if you order this week you will get it next week :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Price? Time frame for the 'better' kit? Is it true that one of the gen pipe is no longer available?

·
7,045 Posts
Price? Time frame for the 'better' kit? Is it true that one of the gen pipe is no longer available?
You will be able to adapt the kit I have if need be, don't know time frame, maybe 6-8 weeks

Yes one of the pipes is no longer available

Price for current kit £200 for everything you need and as I say it is easy to fit and you don't have to battle behind the cats or take the engine out to fit

Ned

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
will get it to local indie and see what the old girl needs. Any idea how much oil will leak out while left overnight ?? I have recovery but not at home and need to be 10 miles from a garage to be recovered. can I top up and drive so far? :confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
A better kit than what's on the GT, Ned?

Only thing I noticed was there's no steel braiding over the rubber pipes.

·
7,045 Posts
will get it to local indie and see what the old girl needs. Any idea how much oil will leak out while left overnight ?? I have recovery but not at home and need to be 10 miles from a garage to be recovered. can I top up and drive so far? :confused:
If it leaking I wouldn't risk driving it, if the pipe do fail completely if will empty all your oil in seconds

Get your garage to call me if need be, no problem

Ned

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
had a quick look via torch and I think the cooler rad itself is the problem, will look better tomorrow. may just tow it to inside my recovery range to be sure...

·
7,045 Posts
had a quick look via torch and I think the cooler rad itself is the problem, will look better tomorrow. may just tow it to inside my recovery range to be sure...
It is usually rusty pipes, problem is when you remove the pipes from the cooler they are all U/S

See this every day

Ned

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
You will be able to adapt the kit I have if need be, don't know time frame, maybe 6-8 weeks

Yes one of the pipes is no longer available

Price for current kit £200 for everything you need and as I say it is easy to fit and you don't have to battle behind the cats or take the engine out to fit

Ned
is it a kit you could fit yourself on a drive over a weekend?

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
What's the awkward about the oil cooler? Surely a trip to your local Mocal stockist will liberate a more than half-decent cooler and all the pipes? :confused:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
That's not really recovery then is it? :lol:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
What's the awkward about the oil cooler? Surely a trip to your local Mocal stockist will liberate a more than half-decent cooler and all the pipes? :confused:

Ralf S.
I guess you could (I did for my 2.5 V6) but the pipe run is very awkward, near the exhaust and around the driveshaft. In my opinion its neater and safer to have the first part from behind the engine in hard metal pipe, because it needs to bend fairly tightly and then once the pipes are under the engine then they need to be braided hose and then over to the cooler - this is the way Alfa have it already I believe

The space is extremely tight and the pipes need to be safely run - this was the reason I eventually removed mine because I didnt like the way the pipes were so vulnerable.

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts