Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering getting one of these as a replacement for the POS (otherwise known as BMW320i)

No 26/30 with just under 100k km on it (so the Busso is just about run in :biglaugh: )
FUll service history.....

Comes standard with Auto lights, Rain kit and Blue & Me.
A few small parking dents, but otherwise in very good condition considering its age
Bonnet needs paint correction, as it looks like it was washed with goldilocks
Clutch feels slightly hard (perhaps a sign of pressure plate going ?)

What do you think ? Other than the sunroof, auto box and (frankly irritating) colour display, the GT offers me exactly the same kit wise as the BMW..... and its a non turbo Busso.
I do not have the budget to buy anything new (like another QV) so this will actually save me some money every month as well...... but do I need to worry about maintenance ? I would like to do the cambelt (even if it was done at 80k km) and do the clutch (perhaps fit a Q2) within this year.

Would you do it ? I know we are all a bit biased here..... my brain tells me that its a stupid thing to do, but every morning I spot at least 3 to 4 Red BMW F30s.... the car does everything it needs to, but it does not feel special in any way whatsoever. Those of you that know me would probably know that I am staunchly individualistic (sometimes to my own detriment) so the idea that I look like another corporate lemming with no imagination is really grating me. I dread driving this car......

I am suffering from serious Alfa withdrawal symptoms.... time to break out the breadvan this weekend :evil:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Do it Eric, i love GT's, the wheels on the ltd edition looks off the hook. My only gripe with the ltd edition is the huge mirrors compared to normal GT's.

Just lower it & do quad exhausts, try to replicate Emmanuels.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Would you do it ? I know we are all a bit biased here..... my brain tells me that its a stupid thing to do, but every morning I spot at least 3 to 4 Red BMW F30s.... the car does everything it needs to, but it does not feel special in any way whatsoever. Those of you that know me would probably know that I am staunchly individualistic (sometimes to my own detriment) so the idea that I look like another corporate lemming with no imagination is really grating me. I dread driving this car......
I would do it immediately - there is nothing worse than a Alfa petrol head sitting trapped behind a mediocre steering wheel :yes:

Just imagine putting your foot down and hearing that sweet 3.2 V6 symphony :thumbup:

Edit : And its red :thumbup:

http://www.autotrader.co.za/used-ca...8d98262a9c/makemodel/make/ALFA ROMEO/model/GT

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I just wonder which poor soul has been sitting on 26/30 for all these years without making a sale. 100km on the clock - eish!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wonder which poor soul has been sitting on 26/30 for all these years without making a sale. 100km on the clock - eish!
Unfortunately its on 95000 kr so Km, hence my 100k km comment. A Limited edition GT with only 100km on the clock would be awesome though

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Ahhhh, OK. Now I am not filled with pity anymore for the poor dealer who would have lost like R250 000 on the car. Mileage of 100k km is actually pretty high.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The car is listed as a 2011 model. So that means at most five years, realistically probably 4,5 years, that it has been driven. So about 22 000 km per year. That's on the higher end for a car like the GT, in my book.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Eric do it, you can choose either this GT limited etd or a 2007 spider 2.2. For speed and sound, you need to take the GT. For looks, take that spider. And this GT have been sitting at this Edenvale dealer for ages. I recall there was a white GT limited Ltd a few months ago, going for similar prices. Ya, get away with that BMW, only BMW you can drive is the 1M.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Yay!

Ask UltraRed about the car. Far as I know he owns one!

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
You will love it!! Do it!!

That warrantee looks the business too... If it is included in the price - it seems very fair.

I would keep the ride height standard - I am over lowered cars as a daily driver - handling is good enough for daily drive and even your trackday once a year.

·
Registered
915 Posts
shooting from the hip and considering that it will be the daily driver...is it worth the investment? A "regular" GT would also give you the same joy at half the price and you don't need too much to worry about depreciation. I would say get a regular GT for half the money and save the rest for another classic to add to your collection. Just saying...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me Trackday = Breadvan= fun = BIG Smile on my gob..... so no worries there.
Ride height does not bug me as it is now..... It does unfortunately have crappy Dunlop rubber on it.....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

That warrantee looks the business too... If it is included in the price - it seems very fair.

I would keep the ride height standard - I am over lowered cars as a daily driver - handling is good enough for daily drive and even your trackday once a year.
Nooooo Gerit!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shooting from the hip and considering that it will be the daily driver...is it worth the investment? A "regular" GT would also give you the same joy at half the price and you don't need too much to worry about depreciation. I would say get a regular GT for half the money and save the rest for another classic to add to your collection. Just saying...
Have you seen the condition of most older GTs ? This one for me is worth the extra, not only because its a limited Edition, but it is in really good condition

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One question, what the hell is the electronic Doodad in one of the small "gloveboxes" in the boot ? Looks like an old ECU unit or something..... Is it part of the Bose sound system ?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

Gertie...
Age is getting to you I see :smoker:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts