Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

recently, I was offered a set of used Alfa GT 3.2 V6 brakes. The set consists of 4 330mm disc, 4 pads, 4 calipers.

I am currently driving a Alfa GT 1.8 TS and running on the 18in multi spoke rims.

Can the brakes be fitted on my 1.8?

What additional parts I need for the conversion?

Do I need to change my brake hoses?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
You'll need the front upright from a 3.2GT (or 156/147GTA).
Or a custom made bracket to replace the original 3.2 caliper bracket.

Yes you'll need to change the hoses too.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I think he probably means 276mm rear ones !

According to something I read yesterday, all GTs have 276mm rear brakes anyway, so if thats right, he will have a set of free rear brakes !

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
I think he probably means 276mm rear ones !

According to something I read yesterday, all GTs have 276mm rear brakes anyway, so if thats right, he will have a set of free rear brakes !
All GTs should have the 276mm rears, but there was someone on here with a GT that had the wrong 251mm rears...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MY GT has the 276mm brakes at the rear.

My workshop mentioned that it is not advisable to fabricate the brackets as it may cause vibrations overtime.

Best solution is to find front 2 knuckles from the 3.2 V6.

Other then the front 2 knuckles and brake hoses, are there anything else I need to know for the conversion?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Not really, the hoses can be made up, depending on the spec of your GT and whether the uprights you get come from a 147 GTA, a 156 GTA or a GT 3.2, you might need new abs sensors. you also need to make sure your wheels have an offset of at least ET33, although even if they have, they still might not clear the brakes.

For more info search the site there are a few threads about Brembo conversions

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I disagree, it is a lot to do with ET, but wheel design is also a factor, which is why I said "although even if they have, they still might not clear the brakes."

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
Caliper clearance isn't directly connected to ET, it is 100% down to wheel design.
You could have an ET40 wheel that clears the calipers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts