Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

So, I've been really struggling with my gas pedal lately, to the point that when I'm driving in the city and I put my foot on the gas pedal, the car just goes on its own power + clutch release and there's a noticeable bump when I press the gas pedal. The first 3-4 centimeters on the gas pedal are not doing anything, afterward, the acceleration is ok, but I still think it's a bit slow to react. All my other cars (non Alfa) were quite punchy when I hit the gas pedal. This is also my first diesel car, so I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the pedal potentiometer or I'm just imagining?

Can anyone confirm their throttle response is good?

I don't have anything on the dash, I'll get cables and MultiEcuScan soon, so hopefully, I can check the throttle condition?

I have done a throttle reset which didn't change things much. Ironically it was cheaper to get the gas pedal assembly used than the cables for diagnostics, so I'm on a used one to arrive. I took a picture of mine and I found the same from a 1.6 TwinSpark 147, I hope it's not an issue...

Do I need to do a proxy alignment when I hook up the new gas pedal?

My car is a 2010 GT with a 1.9JTD engine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Is it throttle related or turbo lag type effect like from turbo vanes sticking?

MES will tell you or you can have a quick check of turbo and see if actuator moves from minimum to max boost position when starting engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is it throttle related or turbo lag type effect like from turbo vanes sticking?

MES will tell you or you can have a quick check of turbo and see if actuator moves from minimum to max boost position when starting engine.
Thank you for the post Johny!

Where can I locate the turbo vanes? I still think it's throttle related rather than a turbo lag, but I would definitely check the vanes if I know where to look :)

edit:
JTD.jpeg

Is the circled part the VNT vanes?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts