Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I would like to introduce myself, I own an Alfa GT 1.9 JTD and I am very pleased with the car however lately my Alfa GT screeches when I press the throttle.

I have tested the car in stationairy position and when I shortly press the throttle it screeches from the hood. At a higher rpm it screeches once again but the continuously.

In order to locate teh issue I have removed the fan belt and performed the same actions however the screeching is unfortunately still present. Finally, the timing belt, water pump and pulleys have been replaced but the screeching is still there.

Hopefully someone has an idea of what it could be and in order to help understand the problem better I have created a video on youtube which one can see below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kuOz2VOOV4

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Vacuum pump (the silver can on the end of the cam cover), perhaps.

Does clutch operation make any difference?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch operation does not change the screeching sound. I have heard on other forums that it might be the exhaust manifold
piece which is leaking. Will check it this evening.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Sounds like the noise when you blow through two blades of grass. If this is happening as boost rises then i would investigate for leaks from injector seals and hoses.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yeah sounds like a tiny bit split hose isn't it

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Clutch operation does not change the screeching sound. I have heard on other forums that it might be the exhaust manifold
piece which is leaking. Will check it this evening.
Too constant for an exhaust blow in my experience, they make a 'chuff, chuff' noise. So do injector seals.

A split boost hose perhaps, as the others have suggested. But I'm still thinking vacuum pump is likely, a worse version of this https://youtu.be/04newm-M1Nw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts