Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
Recently I bought a used G from Germany and after all of the services(oil, filters, etc.) it works like a charm. My only issue is, as the topic name suggests, that on the place where the usb and aux inputs should have been theres an empty spot and nothing more. I was wondering if I could add something there since driving without songs is boring! :p
Whatever inputs you need regarding the car dont hesitate to ask!
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
431 Posts
It is not! I have checked a million times. There's an empty slot in the place of the adapter
Yes some early cars don't have a usb/aux depend on Country, Germany was a very cost sensitive market.

My 2011 G did not either, I considered a couple of options but decided a 2016G was cheaper upgrade. (Joke)
1. Buy missing module and cable from wrecker/breaker.
2. Buy new from AR.
3. Buy an after market USB module, eg https://www.car-interface.com/vendita/en/interfaces-usb-sd-aux-alfa-romeo/545-alfa-romeo-giulietta-usb-sd-aux-interface-xcarlink.html
4. Replace stereo with something a bit more modern, but you'll need a double din fascia as I have not seen a single din fascia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean the car came with a blue and me manual but i've pressed every button and combination possible and nothing showed up

·
Registered
17 Posts
In theory you can connect wires on radio (aux L, aux R and ground) and activate here and it should work.
This is simulation I still havent tried activate on mine until I disassemble radio and connect AUX cable.
Anyone tried?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
One question for people with AUX.
When u dont have anything plugged in, can you choose AUX in media selection on radio or not?
I enabled AUX via MES before wireing but nothing to show

·
Registered
5 Posts
@funnycause, I have the exact same problem. Bought my G from Germany, a 2012 Model but no usb/aux ports. Same as yours.
Did you find a way of adding bluetooth ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
A Millennial problem? What happened to your CDs or too young to have bought any? I have the opposite problem. 20 years of buying them and no CD player in the car. Got the aux sockets though...:rofl: Maybe that’s good enough a reason to keep the 147 a little longer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having a problem because I do not have anywhere to burn a disc with music :)

For models without aux/usb /b&m I think this is the best solution (if you have a tablet that you do not need)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts