Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The ad is quite cute (the "Alfa ego" tag is clever) but it just shows how confused Alfa is. "This is a sports car that's made to be driven"....OK, I like it so far, then almost straightaway "Its all-new design features a spacious boot". Great! Just what my inner driver has been shouting out all these years - get me a nice spacious boot!

I do hope it's successful - I think it looks pretty good.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,735 Posts
that's a great ad - well done Alfa!

I like the bit where it states 'built to be driven every day'; hmm, handy, what with it being a car. As a claim about the car's build, it makes it sound like Alfa formally thought that people wanting to use their car every day was a concept alien to them before they made the Giulietta.

Jesting aside - how nice is to hear 'Alfa Romeo Giulietta' - a name with near lyrical, melodious quality - roll off the tongue in that rich Italian accent?

All good stuff :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I like the bit where it states 'built to be driven every day'; hmm, handy, what with it being a car. As a claim about the car's build, it makes it sound like Alfa formally thought that people wanting to use their car every day was a concept alien to them before they made the Giulietta.
I think it's meant to contrast with the saying it's a sports car so people don't count it out as not being a practical car.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My wife keeps on saying that Gulietta is a step backwards design wise, and it actually is!

Look at it; it has the beautiful lines of a GT. At least it seem more closely related to GT than to Brera/159. This is in no way bad, but a little confusing.

G

·
0 Posts
My wife keeps on saying that Gulietta is a step backwards design wise, and it actually is!

Look at it; it has the beautiful lines of a GT. At least it seem more closely related to GT than to Brera/159. This is in no way bad, but a little confusing.
There are certainly some 156 echoes as well - the crease line and hidden rear door handles are certainly harking back to that design. BTW, not a bad thing IMO but I am biased.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,735 Posts
I think it's meant to contrast with the saying it's a sports car so people don't count it out as not being a practical car.
I find it more difficult to digest that we're being made to believe it's a sports car, rather than them convincing us it really is a practical five door hatch - erm, what with it being a five door hatch, and all. ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
You don't really get that good a look at it anyway. And lets face it most people will just accept whatever the voiceover says rather than try and work it out for themselves.
Car adverts aren't really for people who actually pay attention to cars ;)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,735 Posts
You don't really get that good a look at it anyway. And lets face it most people will just accept whatever the voiceover says rather than try and work it out for themselves.
Car adverts aren't really for people who actually pay attention to cars ;)
:)

either way, let's hope it's a success. A really big one! :thumbs:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,735 Posts
Having never heard the word before reading it I was surprised to hear it pronounced "Julietta".:rolleyes:
how did you think it would be pronounced?

I've had a lifetime of hearing it being incorrectly pronounced as Goolie-etta :)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Alfa Romeo Giulietta, when you want a Sports car but really need a Hatch ;)

Or "The Line, style, The Practicality...The Sporting Car for every day life"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alfa Romeo Giulietta, when you want a Sports car but really need a Hatch ;)

Or "The Line, style, The Practicality...The Sporting Car for every day life"
Lets hope this is true and that it is both sporty and practical as the Giulietta should be just what I am looking for in my next car. I need a practical car for lugging boxes at work and band gear at weekends, but I also want sporty for when I'm on my own. Unfortunately, my GT is actually more practical than my last car - a Bravo - which , of course is what the Giulietta is under the skin.

Looks are definitely growing on me though!:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts