Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning people,

Just had an advisory on the mot that my upper rubbers are on their way out. So naturally I'm looking to change out both upper and lower front wishbones on each side :) The car is a 2007 GT Q2 special edition and I'm wondering if it has different parts to the standard GT jtdm? Any help much appreciated as always.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
All GT's / 147 / 156 use the same upper and lower control arms / wishbones. Only the upright (where brake caliper mounts) differ for the 3.2 to carry the 330mm brembo caliper.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Morning people,

Just had an advisory on the mot that my upper rubbers are on their way out. So naturally I'm looking to change out both upper and lower front wishbones on each side :) The car is a 2007 GT Q2 special edition and I'm wondering if it has different parts to the standard GT jtdm? Any help much appreciated as always.

Thanks
Nope, all the same part :thumbup:

Oh and avoid the cheapo eBay specials - they can be a PITA to fit, and have reports of wearing out in a matter of months.

OEM/TRW/Birth branded parts are the ones that are usually reccomended :jester:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've got the TRW ones from Alfaworkshop and have no issues so far. They recommend TRW over the standard OE ones.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Shop4parts do Birth at a reasonable price £28.35, quick service as well!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Most people would say TRW, Birth or Delphi and probably in that preference (quality) order.

Cheap ebay kits and even Quentin Hazel (QH) won't last more than 6 months at best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts