Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have recently bought a alfa giulietta and need to know a garage that is near to me, it also needs to be able to do work under warranty as it is only a year old. I live in Wakefield and work in Leeds so anywhere near there would be great.

Also has anyone had the annoying bleep taken off when you lock/unlock the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
I know of a good Indy in Huddersfield, if that's any help? Next to the stadium and called Alfatech IIRC.

Also, with the beeps do a thread search and you'll find loads on the topic. You basically have to change the 'country' setting to Dutch (doesn't changed language or any other settings). I think it can only be done at a dealer at a cost.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I used Picadilly at Knarsborough while it was under warranty but that is north of Leeds. Have you tried posting inthe Yorkshire Lounge for an Indie suggestion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, I don't live far from the Wakefield Piccadilly but only Knaresborough is under warranty for some reason. I will probably just go to Knaresborough, just a bit of a treck.

As for the annoying alarm bleep I will probably ask them when I take it in.

I didn't realise there is a Yorkshire lounge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for the advice guys, I will have a ring around tomorrow.

Next bit of advice, I have attached a picture (I think). What would you do with it next, thinking of getting some smoked alloys for it

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Some potted plants in the gravel would look quite nice.

I'd also look at trimming the grass poking through the fence.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought my (used) G from Piccadilly in Knaresborough and have so far had very good service from them including some warranty work. Recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, I know them neighbours are useless! even had to mow their lawn before!!!

I don't think I will be painting it red just yet. Thinking some grey alloys just for now. Got to say yours in red is nice! it will take less cleaning than mine ha

I probably am going to have to use Piccadilly in Knaresborough, its 40 miles from home though but its 20 from work. Just see if I can have an extended lunch one time. I its only minor stuff, driver sunvisor doesn't fix in the holder right, brakes slightly rub and now squeek (not sure if they will do that under warranty) and turn the alarm bleep off, so annoying!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cheers guys, I don't live far from the Wakefield Piccadilly but only Knaresborough is under warranty for some reason. I will probably just go to Knaresborough,
I've just had my Giulietta serviced at Wakefield, and are an Alfa dealer, although they seem to specialize in Fiats, so can't see why they don't do warranty work there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They do service work and repairs but they don't do it under warranty for some reason. No idea why

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I've just had my Giulietta serviced at Wakefield, and are an Alfa dealer, although they seem to specialize in Fiats, so can't see why they don't do warranty work there.
According to the Piccadilly Motors website the Alfa Dealership is only at Knaresborough so, presumably, any servicing done at Wakefield is by Fiat technicians rather than ones trained specifically on Alfas.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
According to the Piccadilly Motors website the Alfa Dealership is only at Knaresborough so, presumably, any servicing done at Wakefield is by Fiat technicians rather than ones trained specifically on Alfas.
And at Knaresborough the Alfa technicians do Fiat work....??? Think you'll find with the exception of the Alfa Expert ( not sure of the correct title) they work across the brands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts