Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys .... According to my Alfa dealer the alarming uneven front tyre wear I’ve experienced is perfectly normal for my 08 Alfa GT Blackline Diesel (225/40/zr18 Pirrelli fitted as standard). Both front tyres are getting excessive wear on the inner rim. After 20k there was a deep groove & about 2inches of extreme wear on the edge – the rest of the tyre tread was perfectly within legal limits. Ok – after 20k I know I’m pushing it :) but I’ve never seen such uneven wear. As a check I got a good tyre place to check the tracking & camber etc. They made adjustments but some readings were still out of spec & they advised the dealership visit. This is when I was told that the high torque diesel does this & rides the camber on the inner tyre edge. "nuffin to worry about, guv"

Finally – can you recommend suitable tyre pressures (I rarely carry a ‘full load) & the manual states around F38 / R37 which appears high to me? Welcome any advice or comments. Cheers.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
Minimum pressures are:
Front 36PSI
Rear 35PSI

For full load they need 41PSI front and 39PSI rear.

To reduce inner edge wear, set the front tracking to 0mm.

·
Registered
296 Posts
20K. you lucky b*gger.
12.5 for me.
Apparently they set the tracking so that the fronts 'toe out'. (that's what I've read on here)
better for handling, not so good for tyre wear

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have just fitted 7.5 x 18" rims and 225/40/18 tyres to my 156 2.4JTD Sportwagon, should my tyre pressures be the same ie 36F 35R

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts