Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
Judging from the experience of a neighbour who has a model-X it would appear they use all the parts to make cars so no spares exist. He was driving a loan car Mercedes for a couple of months while they waited for heater parts.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Tesla might not exist at all by October. Just been reading that they are losing a fortune (about $8000 a minute at the moment) and they lose about $1500 on every car they sell....great business! At the moment the US government is refusing to bail them out...good. That might change if they think it might affect the election results I guess. They have taken lots of forward order for the EV semi truck the new roadster (0-60 in 1.9 seconds...gulp!)...but all the deposit money has been spent propping the company up....and they still have to pay to build those orders. Bye buy Elon.....might be Gods way of punishing them for building that hideous Tesla 3!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tesla might not exist at all by October. Just been reading that they are losing a fortune (about $8000 a minute at the moment) and they lose about $1500 on every car they sell....great business! At the moment the US government is refusing to bail them out...good. That might change if they think it might affect the election results I guess. They have taken lots of forward order for the EV semi truck the new roadster (0-60 in 1.9 seconds...gulp!)...but all the deposit money has been spent propping the company up....and they still have to pay to build those orders. Bye buy Elon.....might be Gods way of punishing them for building that hideous Tesla 3!!!
And yet their share price just hit $1000 making them the most valuable car company in the world by market capitalisation. Don't get me wrong, I think Mr Musk is a **** and Teslas aren't the answer to everything. They have shoddy build quality due to cranking up production too quickly (doors in different colours, anyone?) and they're very expensive. On the other hand they're technologically still ten years ahead of everyone else. A lot of people have lost a lot of money betting on the company failing before. Big oil sunk billions of dollars into trying the short them out of business. But they're still here, building a new factory in Germany that's predicted to begin producing cars at the end of this year, and scoping out sites in the UK for yet another factory.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The Tonale has been confirmed for late next year.
And B-'UV is coming one year after. It will have BEV version. It's on a FCA platform. PSA related product is a fake news. Actually till the merger is not finished they can not start any joint development. In the best case merger process will be closed in Q1 2021. Even with product which is almost no much more than a badge engineering it would take at least 2 and half years to develop a new product.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is every likelihood that not even Alfa know for sure what is next, but it is hard to believe that an EV is not in the pipeline.

So, The Tonale appears to be a 2020 midsize SUV hybrid based on a Chrysler platform

And Autocar is reporting a 2022 small size EV to be based on a Peugeot platform.

Source - Alfa Romeo plots small electric SUV for 2022 | Autocar

So, thats 3 SUV's :-0.... But the rumoured 2021 Ferrari Purosangue SUV looks a lot like a Stelvio to me...

So in summary, who really knows!
Both will have FCA Italy platform and both products will be developed in Turin R&D center.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A light weight car like a sud could accommodate battery packs in the area where the engine sat and in the boot. My sense is that would be enough space for batteries sufficient for a car of that type. I’m not suggesting Alfa just make a sud but I think it is possible to package a car much better than a Stelvio.
I’ve tried a Stelvio and I thought it handled poorly relative to a Giulia or Giulietta, Golf Focus. It does handle better than my wife’s Discovery but then If I stuck wheels on the bath that would handle better then my wife’s Discovery and I won’t drive it - unless I’m going to the tip. Which is where it belongs. With the Stelvio.
By your words Audi RS4 handling sucks because it's a tad bit slower around Vairano track than Stelvio QV.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts