Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me maybe thick or i just dont get it but yesterday i was just driving around and i have seen a total of 6 147, 2 159 and 1 brera and i have like a tw*t waived, made gestures (good ones) and i only had one reaction from a young ish driver who acknowledged me and smiled while crossing me. Now i come from the good old classic minis and i have never met or crossed any classic mini driver and not flashed, waived or just noded each other! the mini was a passion of mine and i believed that people driving it felt the same as me. Alfa's are the same to me its about passion and i though by seeing in this forums and other alfa forums that people are in fact passionate about them so please who ever drives one, dont be afraid to acknowledge another alfa driver as its very likely the other person is as in love with the car as you are. I do understand you can look like a fool making monkey gestures to another car but what the hell bring this back.
Thought i have to post something today:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Mate... I acknowledge every Alfa I see but 99.9% of the miserable gets don't respond !! :(

BTW Look at the 'I got the Alfa Wave' thread !! ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
What Nomad said but I'd say around 80% ignore :(

Don't give up ;)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
i wave, but i just get the odd funny look in return:(

but i will carry on waving..... even if the missus thinks im mad:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have started to just give a gentlemanly nod and smile to other Alfa drivers I see....as I was sick of looking an idiot by waving to them and getting ignored:(

...still get ignored when I nod and smile but I am damned well not going to stop doing that:D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I always wave or flash my lights to 164 drivers (which actually caused a near brown trouser moment when someone with a van pulled out across the road in front of me as he thought I was flashing him out), but don't tend to with any of the more common alfas.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yep, I raise a hand, some acknowledge, some don't. Guess the ones who don,t are possibly not quite so Alfa struck as we are? Having said that, more often than not, my wife is piloting, and I know for a fact, she notices very little coming the other way.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I wave to all but do miss a few and the few i miss are the ones that acknowledge me.. Annoying!! But i also think that there are a lot of company car drivers that choose Alfa cos they may have got a good deal and coulden't give a damm what they drive (not all company drivers) and maby thats why they dont wave.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I find that with the 166 being fairly rare,most of the 166 drivers
are fellow alfisati ,and I almost always get a flash or a wave,yet
since I have lived in my present house for nearly 5 years and
had 2 166s', there is a guy lives down the road,who comes past
regularly in a silver v6 166 ,and has never even stopped for a chat,
let alone a wave!
Some strange people out there!

M

·
0 Posts
Maybe some don't wave because they are unsure of whether or not they'll get a wave back. I find eye contact happens more often:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always wave to other 155 drivers and to nice looking other Alfa's, most of the standard Alfa's I ignore, most of the time the person bought the car because it looked good, or he got a good deal at the dealer.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I always wave to other 155 drivers and to nice looking other Alfa's, most of the standard Alfa's I ignore, most of the time the person bought the car because it looked good, or he got a good deal at the dealer.
I own a 156, which some may class as a 'more common Alfa', but I didn't buy it as a good deal. I bought it as I have admired Alfa Romeo's since I was as young as seven or eight, and my father used to point them out to me. To me it is a classic design and will forever be a classic in my eyes. I hope it's the same with almost every other owner - but i know it isn't.

I'll still nod and smile, wave, or hang out the window waving like a loon... I love Alfa's and I want others to know it! :D

~fin~

·
Registered
223 Posts
I own a 156, which some may class as a 'more common Alfa', but I didn't buy it as a good deal. I bought it as I have admired Alfa Romeo's since I was as young as seven or eight, and my father used to point them out to me. To me it is a classic design and will forever be a classic in my eyes. I hope it's the same with almost every other owner - but i know it isn't.

I'll still nod and smile, wave, or hang out the window waving like a loon... I love Alfa's and I want others to know it! :D

~fin~

The 'problem' in the Netherlands (that's where I'm originally from) that Alfa Romeo is doing well, there are my 147's, 156's and esp. many 159's on the road. The 159 is even one of the top selling cars of 2006!! Alfa Romeo saw in 2006 the highest increase of car sales of every brand in the Netherlands. With an increase of nearly 50%!!!!

With that many Alfa's on the road, I'm not going to wave to all the standard cars, so I'm sorry for you, but if I would see you waving, I'll always wave back.

Here in Finland I hardly see Alfa's, and I left mine in my fathers storage, so nothing to wave overhere.

M

·
0 Posts
The 'problem' in the Netherlands (that's where I'm originally from) that Alfa Romeo is doing well, there are my 147's, 156's and esp. many 159's on the road. The 159 is even one of the top selling cars of 2006!! Alfa Romeo saw in 2006 the highest increase of car sales of every brand in the Netherlands. With an increase of nearly 50%!!!!
QUOTE]

How many did Alfa sell?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I find you sometimes get a better response from people in the same model. I always make a point of waving a BMW drivers too, generally as I pass the sad sacks. :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep, I raise a hand, some acknowledge, some don't. Guess the ones who don,t are possibly not quite so Alfa struck as we are? Having said that, more often than not, my wife is piloting, and I know for a fact, she notices very little coming the other way.
I agree.
I've yet to get a proper wave back. Infact one GT driver local to me actually gave me a right old scowl - [email protected]!
All I did was raise a hand and smile.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts