Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read on here about people with alfa diog or something like that - What is it and what does it do ? :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
AlfaDiag ... it's software that communicates with the ECU (via an interface cable) to read/clear error codes and read other real time data (like engine speed etc ...) ... it does more than that but that's it at a high level ...

... it only works on certain alfas though ...

... check out the website AlfaDiag Alfa Romeo Diagnostic Software

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so essentially ( if it will fit my gtv) it saves paying a garage to run a diagnostic on the car or airbag lights, sensers playing up etc ?

hmmmm, now gotta see if it will fit lol

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
so essentially ( if it will fit my gtv) it saves paying a garage to run a diagnostic on the car or airbag lights, sensers playing up etc ?

hmmmm, now gotta see if it will fit lol
Exactly :thumbs: ... and getting a copy of eLearn (the workshop manual) is also worth it's weight in gold ..

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
gendan are also working on equivalent software (called Italia Check) for doing ALL pre 2001 petrol and pre 2004 diesel alfas ... although at the moment there software can only read/clear engine codes

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
gendan are also working on equivalent software (called Italia Check) for doing ALL pre 2001 petrol and pre 2004 diesel alfas ... although at the moment there software can only read/clear engine codes
Probably will cost more than £40 odd that Derek at AlfaDiag charges.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Probably will cost more than £40 odd that Derek at AlfaDiag charges.
I bought a cable and an early version of their software for £60 all in!!! (and I hope to get a free upgrade when they release a new version ... :D) ... obviously Derek's software doesn't cover JTD's or JTS's (at the moment anyway), which ItaliaCheck does

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I bought a cable and an early version of their software for £60 all in!!! (and I hope to get a free upgrade when they release a new version ... :D) ... obviously Derek's software doesn't cover JTD's or JTS's (at the moment anyway), which ItaliaCheck does
That is good value.

Where from?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts