Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed one of these parked next to me in a car park:

hyundai-matrix.jpg

Nothing too exciting I hear you say, just a Hyundai Matrix; until I noticed the Pininfarina badge on the rear quarter below the window. :eek:

So have Zagato, Bertone, Pininfarina et al made any other faux pas?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
the 1987 skoda favorit (Bertone)....but I forgive him this small error, as he also did the alfa giulietta sprint and SS, the montreal, Lamborghini Jarama (and Uracco!), the lancia stratos and of course the best looking car in the world the lamborghini Miura!

Does anyone know a bad Zagato design? I cannot think of one at this moment! Just look at the Giulia TZ, super sweet that little (OK, bloody expensive) jewel of a car!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not forgetting that monstrosity the Ssangyong Musso designed by British designer Ken Greenley, who's better attempts included the Aston Martin Virage and Bentley Azura - all circa early 90's.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Does anyone know a bad Zagato design? I cannot think of one at this moment! Just look at the Giulia TZ, super sweet that little (OK, bloody expensive) jewel of a car!
Just my opinion, but the SZ/RZ is a poor design, as was the contemporary Aston Martin V8 Zagato.

Zagato is still my favourite stylist, though. . .now,if I could just lay my hands on a Bristol 407 GTZ!

Take a look at:

Mostra di manifesti d'epoca

One or two oddities there!

·
Registered
315 Posts
The Alfa SZ and RZ were not designed by Zagato - only built by them.

For an ugly Zagato design, you could try the Nissan Autech Stelvio. It's like a Stevie Wonder drawing of an Aston Martin V8 Zagato.

·
Registered
33,268 Posts
it does not appear to matter to people where Alfas are designed. The news that the Arese Centro Stile is closed has passed with very little comment; the last link to Milan. The main staff have all been put on gov't redundancy and it's all going to be done in Turin.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Mitsibishi shogun Pinin:lol:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The gorgeous Peugeot 406 coupe and the less gorgeous Hyundai Coupe both by Pininfarina.

Giugiaro actually drew my camera! (Nikon D300)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Giugaro allowed his name (or his company's name) to be put to the legendarily bad Morris Ital.
Good call! I was about to suggest Giugaro/Italdesign for the same monstrosity. Try finding a picture of that in one of their books!! :lol:

I remember my mum having (a brown) one for about a week :rolleyes:, until somebody ploughed into the back of it writing it off!! :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think Giugiaro designed the Ital. His company, ItalDesign were responsible for some aspects of the production engineering, this being enough for BL/Austin Morris/Rover or whatever they were called that year to think that calling a cheaply facelifted Marina the "Ital" was justifiable. Mr G. was not very amused about this.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just my opinion, but the SZ/RZ is a poor design, as was the contemporary Aston Martin V8 Zagato.

Zagato is still my favourite stylist, though. . .now,if I could just lay my hands on a Bristol 407 GTZ!

Take a look at:

Mostra di manifesti d'epoca

One or two oddities there!
Some, er, interesting names too - Hillman Zimp? (no. 38) - and who on earth came up with the Cadillac Nart (No. 47) :rolleyes:

Love the pic of the tram at the end. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts