Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You really have to laugh.

Still no Alfa Dealership in Glasgow. One of the reasons (not the only reason I'm afraid, the main reason was pressure not to from the wife) that I didn't buy a 159 a year ago was that there was no dealership anywhere near me.

And 12 months later there still isn't.

Is Western going to open in Glasgow?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Given the economic uncertainty and the fact that all UK car sales figures have gone through the floor, I'd be surprised if they're planning on opening new dealerships.

I'd guess they've got enough on their plates trying to keep their two existing ones viable.

Whether it's Western or someone else, it's a fair point. No Alfa dealership in Glasgow means lower sales, and low sales makes it hard to justify a dealership.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You only have to travel to Western in Edinburgh to actually buy a new ALFA but if it's future servicing you're worried about Arnold Clark at Springburn Road still do ALFA servicing and have a used ALFA selection. And any VAT registered garage can do your routine annual servicing.

I'm sure Western SAAB in Tradeston can do your servicing if you really want to have Western service your car.

As for there being an ALFA dealer in the west.......I wouldn't hold my breath.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I appreciate Alfa have had a complete overhaul of their dealership network but the opening of new dealerships throughout the country is painfully slow.Traveling to Mangoletsis for servicing etc has lost its appeal big time for me.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used Arnold/Reg for the 156 and they were terrible. Never again. Had to use McLennans in Edinburgh after that. OK for an older car but, much as I like them, I wouldn't have been taking a new 159 there.

And Western SAAB can do my servicing, on the SAAB, and they are very good.

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Our man in EK is doing very well for himself as far as servicing & maintenance goes. Not to mention the boys down Dawsub's way. All we need is a decent retail outlet ;)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Our man in EK is doing very well for himself as far as servicing & maintenance goes. Not to mention the boys down Dawsub's way. All we need is a decent retail outlet ;)
I'll second that. Chick in EK is a wonder and being all Alfa qualified he'll know what to do with 159, Brera etc etc. As for Arnold Shark . . . . . . .NO, NO, NO, NO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just spoke to Western in Glasgow, they are hoping to start servicing in June (just doing fit out now) and "may" have some cars to sell too.

With Saab going down the pan it makes sense for them to branch out.

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
someone let me know when they're starting to stock up and I'll give them a bell to see if they would like our company for an hour or two :eyebrow:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Some more Alfas on the forecourt at the Saab dealership now, including a Brera and couple of Mitos. This is great news for me, as I live literally across the road!

Think I'll pop in later on and ask what's happening...

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
My nearest Dealership is over 50 miles away now as well. Which is a shame as I often used to pop into my previous one, and have a look around at the Alfa's on show there, and I bought my last 2 Alfa 147's from there, just by calling in, and asking about them, impulse buys if you like. Thats never going to happen again, unless there IS a Dealership locally, which also seems unlikely nowdays !!!!......:(:(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have my Alfa booked in for a service next Tuesday :) They have two Mito courtesy cars.

I did confirm with them that they have a qualified Alfa technician of 15 years experience - I was concerned that all those Saab trained engineers would open up the bonnet take a look and say "this is spaghetti!"

Scott

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did confirm with them that they have a qualified Alfa technician of 15 years experience - I was concerned that all those Saab trained engineers would open up the bonnet take a look and say "this is spaghetti!"
Scott
Hey Scott....don't worry FIAT trained engineers have been saying that for many years.;)

It's amazing what a change of overall can do for these guys apparently......Western better invest in bigger lockers to be able to hold two sets of overalls.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Off West Street in Tradeston.
Yeah that's the one!

My car is with them right now... they phoned me to query one of the problems and said their engineer has worked on my car before as he came to them from Arnold Clark in Springburn.

They have a few Alfas outside for sale, and one lonely little MiTo in the showroom.

The guy I dealt with said that they will have authorised repairer status only but not be listed for new car sales. They will have a sales presence however.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I was there today and saw the solitary white MiTo in the showroom (nice - I am tempted) and a smattering of used/ex-demo vehicles too. A particularly nice 159Ti Diesel in silver (one tailpipe so I presume 1.9JTD) etc etc. I get the impression they will be doing sales from there as the MiTo in the showroom was sold and there was a nominated Alfa salesperson with cards pinned to all the brochures

·
Registered
624 Posts
They have a black Mito outside all sign written with Western Glasgow on it, just get rid of the SAAB Signs and replace with Alfa and then i will use them for servicing, so far i have been to Edinburgh every time

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Oh this is good - the glasgow gaff is 5 minutes walk across the squiggly bridge form the office, and ive just hauled *** to take the flamin' thing to Edinburgh this morning!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts