Alfa Romeo Forum banner

601 - 610 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Try The Sweep in Kilmeaden. I gave them a call about the timing belt service on my Giulietta (1.6jtdm) and they sounded accommodating enough. Kilmeaden isn't too far from Cork.

They said a timing belt service would be around €600 on the Giulietta. Not sure if that includes oil and oil filter too though. Grandon's quoted me €1200 for timing belt, water pump, oil and oil filter. I nearly needed new trousers after hearing that.
€1200 for timing belt, water pump, oil and oil filter is outrageous. €600-700 is about right. I've had 2 or 3 belts replaced in different cars over the past few years - it's never been more than €600. I had it done in ti Autos recently for just under €600 (and that was with some other bits & pieces too).

Reactions: proinsias

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #602

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had the Giulietta timing belt job, and full fluid and filter service, done by The Sweep in Kilmeaden, Waterford a few weeks ago. Very happy with the quality of work and standard of communication from Declan in the service dept. Price was decent too.

Got parts from Alfa Workshop who were brilliant. Oil from Opie Oils, similarly good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are any Alfa garages/dealerships open? My 2016 Giulietta is overdue her 50,000 km service. I usually get it done where I made the purchase (Tractamotors). Not sure if travelling from Cavan to Dublin for a car service counts as an essential trip. Does anyone know of some place closer to me?

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
I doubt any garages or main dealerships for any brand are open at the moment. Some garages might be doing emergency repairs but that would be about all I'd say.
Is it a minor or major service it's due ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I doubt any garages or main dealerships for any brand are open at the moment. Some garages might be doing emergency repairs but that would be about all I'd say.
Is it a minor or major service it's due ?
I don't mind waiting to get the service done, but it's making some type of metallic/scraping sounding noise, that starts and stops on its own, at least twice in the past week.

·
Registered
2014 Giulietta QV Line
5 Posts
Hey All, Anyone know of any other garages that would be familiar with Alfas near Galway? Can anyone confirm if Conrad Trill is still doing work on them?

601 - 610 of 610 Posts