Alfa Romeo Forum banner

601 - 603 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try The Sweep in Kilmeaden. I gave them a call about the timing belt service on my Giulietta (1.6jtdm) and they sounded accommodating enough. Kilmeaden isn't too far from Cork.

They said a timing belt service would be around €600 on the Giulietta. Not sure if that includes oil and oil filter too though. Grandon's quoted me €1200 for timing belt, water pump, oil and oil filter. I nearly needed new trousers after hearing that.
€1200 for timing belt, water pump, oil and oil filter is outrageous. €600-700 is about right. I've had 2 or 3 belts replaced in different cars over the past few years - it's never been more than €600. I had it done in ti Autos recently for just under €600 (and that was with some other bits & pieces too).

·
Administrator
86,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #602

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had the Giulietta timing belt job, and full fluid and filter service, done by The Sweep in Kilmeaden, Waterford a few weeks ago. Very happy with the quality of work and standard of communication from Declan in the service dept. Price was decent too.

Got parts from Alfa Workshop who were brilliant. Oil from Opie Oils, similarly good.

601 - 603 of 603 Posts