Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

We're located on the Sonoma Coast in California. My father in-law has moved his perfect '86 Alfa Quadrafoglio here, and we're to use it to keep it up. I love driving it here, the coastal roads are perfect: wide open and twisty. I'm used to Citroens and Hondas, so the Alfa is kind of a mystery to me, and I'm curious to find out more about it.

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I'll get some pictures to post. I think this may be a US only version, with plastic cladding on the lower body? It also has A/C and power windows. My inlaw has some stories (I find funny) about things that have failed and how over the life of the car (the windows raise slower and slower, it's time for new switches again) It's been in the family since new, and has been replaced by a '06 Civic Hybrid (!) as a city daily driver. The Alfa is now a beach-house car, with only occasional use. It's always freaked me out a little to drive, that something would break, but now we'll use it more, I'm really curious to learn more.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
607 Posts
hi peter

assuming it's a spider ;) the place to look is in the forums about the older Giulia forums. AROC in the USA will also be a help.

Enjoy - hopefully it will enjoy it's retirement.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Sounds more like a 164QV with plastic side skirts??, perhaps not though at 86. The Yanks got 75's but called them Milano's, might be one of those:confused:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
VeloceMitch said:
Sounds more like a 164QV with plastic side skirts??, perhaps not though at 86. The Yanks got 75's but called them Milano's, might be one of those:confused:
OK I'm talking ****** it's a Spider:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sea Ranch Alfa said:
We're located on the Sonoma Coast in California. My father in-law has moved his perfect '86 Alfa Quadrafoglio here, and we're to use it to keep it up. I love driving it here, the coastal roads are perfect: wide open and twisty. I'm used to Citroens and Hondas, so the Alfa is kind of a mystery to me, and I'm curious to find out more about it.
Peter,

If you're playing with the Spider in CA, get your hands on a copy of the Bible - it's a worthwhile read for Alfa owners especially in the US....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0837607078/qid=1151704144/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-4514771-7110545?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO! We have very few US members here. Stick around. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts