Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend is about to purchase an alfa GTV...

He would like a COMPLETE exhaust system...worth getting, how much and where from? Keep seeing various sections on the web but not the complete system :(

Can anyone suggest a decent induction kit? He's been told BMC is best but where from?

Finally after fitting these what does he do about ecu...does he buy a cheap piggy back from ebay or a generic chip from elsewhere...with having a few mods isnt it best to get a custom remap?

Also saw this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-SPARCO-Strut-Brace-Front-Upper_W0QQitemZ250292228481QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250292228481&_trkparms=72:12|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

- Is it worth getting?

Finally he has some new ice installed...can he fit 6.5 in the rears? If not what size would he need?

Sorry for a ll the newbie questions but know u guys are a knowledgeable lot :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Liquid - I had a powerflow system - made directly for your car and lifetime guarentee can have any style you want. bmc cda is a defo really makes a difference. I would just go for a generic map from a tuner first this will be noticeable and cheaper than a custom map. Definitely get a strut brace it totally tightens up the feel of the car, however id go for a weichers one, looks great and fairly easy to fit, bit of adjustment needed :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told the alfa forum had a speedy response service ;) now I believe them :)

How does a generic chip ie from a helluva lot of tuners and retailing around 250 - 300 mark differ from autodeltas chip and say a piggy back from ebay for less than a tenner?

Also isnt the generic chip made for the standard cup rather than a cup with exhaust modded and induction fitted?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The cup has the same specs as the 3ltr and the generic map will be tried and tested for this model. Putting the cda and exhuast on will help the engine breathe better and help the new map. Obviously with a custom map you can go a bit more extreme and have it set up on a rolling road so it works directly for your car. Im not well up on chips to be honest but i wouldnt go for the ebay option myself mate. Also the generic mapping from different people will have been designed by different companies. I.e some tuners use a map developed by one company and others use a map by another company. I used angel tuning and i found the difference really noticeable. I know a lot of people like red dot and put their car on their rolling road.

·
Registered
435 Posts
... say a piggy back from ebay for less than a tenner?
I've seen these - it's essentially a resistor that you fit across the connections for the intake air temperature sensor. It's not a good idea and doesn't make much difference. You get what you pay for :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Can you chip a V6? I thought Autodelta only did a chip for the twinnie. They do a remap for the V6.

If you get the car before Saturday come along to Red Dot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a regular thing as its come a bit too soon and hes working tommorrow otherwise he would! Damn shame :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts