Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up through North Wales for a camping holiday in Aberdaron and past a lot of Alfas in laybays on one of favourite driving roads (in the title) last friday 08/08/08. I got a nice wave from them as I went by.

Anyone on here?

If so I hope you had as much fun as I did on that road. http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep - those were the ones.

I was in the red 3 door 147, driving by with my chin on the floor and waving like a goon!

A very lovely looking convoy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a great road, have lots of fun doing the Bala tt on the bike. Start at the top end of Bala(A4122) as if you have come from Llangollen down to Trawsfynydd. Left (A470) at the junction at end of road were the petrol station is. Follow the A470 down the hill to you come to the A494. Turn left here to come back up into Bala. Both roads to/from Bala are great, bit of everything on there tight bends, open sweepers, clear straights. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
I used to drive that road many weekends on my way to see my then girlfriend in Pwllheli. Yup I used to storm that road flat out in my..................Citroen Dyane 6 and my Peugeot 204 Estate:D :D :D ... exactly thirty years ago before speed cameras.

Driving fast in a slow car can be very exciting, and in fact they both handled well on or near the limit, the Peugeot being particularly nice to drive with its all alloy 1130cc OHC engine and brilliant suspension in the days when Peugeot really could build cars. It rusted a bit too quickly though:rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoyed your trip. I just loved that road to bits. I bet you missed the Roman Camp and Amphitheatre at Trawsfynnydd. The theatre is only about fifteen feet in diameter, and just looks like a dip in the ground. The camp was built to protect the metals being mined in Snowdonia and Anglesey. I was last there in March 2004.

I love that part of the world

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I was there. :D

E

·
0 Posts
It was my car that caused us all to be there in the first place, it died a sorry death about 100 yards before the lay by!
You should have stopped and joined us!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no - sorry to hear the reason for the stop efcsted.

I wish I had stopped as there were some lovely automobili on display.
Driving fast in a slow car can be very exciting
AlfaLincs
It is a great road isn't it. I too have done it very quickly in some very slow cars (Fiat 126, Citroen 2cv! for example)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts