Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you first have your Giulia delivered what should happen if you have the Alfa Connect service added as an option. What should.the dealer do? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Is it an app like it was on my Giulietta?
The salesman set it up on handover in that case. I didn’t get it on the Stelvio.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it an app like it was on my Giulietta?
The salesman set it up on handover in that case. I didn’t get it on the Stelvio.
I think the dealer has an activation code and this allow the owner to use the app. But not sure on the precise steps.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does the Connect service work OK? My dealer said it didn't work very well so I didn't bother speccing it. If it works then is there any way to get it without having to visit the dealer?

Reactions: cue2

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the Connect service work OK? My dealer said it didn't work very well so I didn't bother speccing it.
I had exactly the same happen to me, with my dealer actively dissuading me from optioning it, even suggesting it “probably won’t be working” even by the time by car is delivered in the Autumn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the Connect service work OK? My dealer said it didn't work very well so I didn't bother speccing it.
I had exactly the same happen to me, with my dealer actively dissuading me from optioning it, even suggesting it “probably won’t be working” even by the time by car is delivered in the Autumn.
Sadly my dealer did not know how to activate it, otherwise the dealer has been great. I'll post once my service has been activated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've emailed my dealer about getting it activated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've emailed my dealer about getting it activated.
I have been told I need to return the car to the dealer for a service engineer to activate the system, can't be done remotely. Annoying as need to take time off work to do this.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have been told I need to return the car to the dealer for a service engineer to activate the system, can't be done remotely. Annoying as need to take time off work to do this.
That's pretty much what I've asked him as well as how long the process takes. And whether I can take it to my nearest dealer rather than where I bought it from.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's pretty much what I've asked him as well as how long the process takes. And whether I can take it to my nearest dealer rather than where I bought it from.
My dealer's service dept (Thames Motor Group, Slough) sorted me out quickly. All running now :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
My dealer's service dept (Thames Motor Group, Slough) sorted me out quickly. All running now :)
Does it work as it should?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does it work as it should?
Yes all functions available in the UK work, but obviously I can't test the Assistance option until I need it. The car status info (tyres, battery, etc) is as captured when the engine was switched off.

The tracking feature is very good but I'll be adding an additional security system.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hi JWQ, again sorry for the newbie question, but does that mean I don't have the hardware at the moment? How would I know any different?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts