Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the blurb on the App Store site, it refers to "completing the first activation step at an Alfa dealer" and that an email will follow allowing you to complete your registration.

I read in the Software & Updates thread on here that owners have been greeted with blank stares by their dealers and that one even resorted to Google for enlightenment.

Therefore anticipating that getting the app to work might be a bit of a faff, I feel I should first ask if anyone has actually got it to work and, importantly, if it's of any use?

(I've installed the app on my phone, which is paired with the car, but when fired up it doesn't detect any cars nearby)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you actually have the hardware in the car ? (it's an optional accessory .... )
I didn't even know there was any additional hardware required! The manual has eff all details.

Hardware = additional cost = an even bigger reason to find out if the app is worth the effort and expenditure.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does that remote app let you switch the heating on like other brands do now? If not, what a waste of money if you ask me....

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I like that you can set a proximity alarm so if it moves it warns you and also that you can shut the engine off remotely when the car comes to a stop if it gets stolen.
Originally it said that wasn't available on UK cars but the Alfa UK site now says it does.

·
Registered
222 Posts
£395 to activate the services on a car equipped to use it, has some pics on the configurator under Options...

MY: REMOTE CONTROL = Lock..... Unlock, Find Car and Active Alerts...

MY: CAR allows you to check stuff like tyre pressures and battery status, speed limits

When I asked about this for my car last year I got the blank looks from the dealer, he googled stuff but was none the wiser. it wasn't available on the configurator then so probably not available at all, hence why he knew nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
When I asked about this for my car last year I got the blank looks from the dealer, he googled stuff but was none the wiser. it wasn't available on the configurator then so probably not available at all, hence why he knew nothing about it.
I think the reason is that it's not a factory available option afaik, but only available as an accessory, to be installed afterwards

I got a email from Alfa in The Netherlands some weeks ago, with an offer for the the box. Apparently they're currently promoting it ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is the same app that Porsche use and it came free for the first year with my Macan. It had novelty value at first, but didn’t renew after year 1. Not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
This is the same app that Porsche use and it came free for the first year with my Macan. It had novelty value at first, but didn’t renew after year 1. Not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I briefly thought about it, as it would be convienient to remotely keep track of the battery voltage, as well as get an alert when the alarm goes off.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts