Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain to me why there is such animosity between the various Alfa forums?
I can understand individual members getting narky between each other, any large group is bound to have "clashes of personalities", but why the hatred of different groups just because they exist?
I'm a member of both here and two other car forums (one a Renault group) but the way certain members behave anyone would think that the "other group" had killed their first born.
Surely, at the end of the day we're all here because we have a love for Alfa cars and the more folks that are here, the better chance there is of exchanging info to keep our "pride and joys" on the road, where they belong .... yes?
Time to stop all the bickering nonsense and get back to doing whet we love .... talking about and driving Alfa's!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
What sparked this off?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Could someone explain to me why there is such animosity between the various Alfa forums?
I can understand individual members getting narky between each other, any large group is bound to have "clashes of personalities", but why the hatred of different groups just because they exist?
I'm a member of both here and two other car forums (one a Renault group) but the way certain members behave anyone would think that the "other group" had killed their first born.
Surely, at the end of the day we're all here because we have a love for Alfa cars and the more folks that are here, the better chance there is of exchanging info to keep our "pride and joys" on the road, where they belong .... yes?
Time to stop all the bickering nonsense and get back to doing whet we love .... talking about and driving Alfa's!
Well as a member of AO,AD,alfa155.org and BMW5 forum I can say all are pretty good at not hating each other for the cars we drive. Most of the people on the BMW forum have alfa's as second cars too :lol: As for hating each other though :lol:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Valid question, nothing has been said here :confused:
Nothing in particular, it's just that there always seems a reluctance to mention other forums, which is a shame.
There are folks on one or the other and the more tech info you can get has to be a good thing when trying to keep our motors on the road.
It's something that has been more evident in the past, so as things seem to have calmed down, I thought I'd ask now as I'd be more likely to get a reasonable answer than being told to "shut the ****** up!" ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Whenever there are cross forum disputes, they remind me of this - The People's Front - YouTube :lol:
(don't click if you don't like swearing)

You beat me to it! That video clip was my first thought too :lol:

To answer the OP's question, yes it does seem a bit of a mystery, until you realise that people sometimes join 'other' Alfa forums after being kicked out of their current forum for whatever reason. Plus, I gather there has been rivalry between certain forums over events organisation.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You beat me to it! That video clip was my first thought too :lol:

To answer the OP's question, yes it does seem a bit of a mystery, until you realise that people sometimes join 'other' Alfa forums after being kicked out of their current forum for whatever reason. Plus, I gather there has been rivalry between certain forums over events organisation.
Surely the more folks that turn up to events, no matter where they heard about it, is good?
So if I go to an event started by one group, I can't mention any other group?
My god! I thought I left the playground behind when I left school.....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Surely the more folks that turn up to events, no matter where they heard about it, is good?
It came as a bit of a surprise to me too :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:confused: Cold start had members and staff from more than one forum all joined by the beauty of alcohol.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:confused: Cold start had members and staff from more than one forum all joined by the beauty of alcohol.
So I believe.... and a jolly time was had by all, from what I hear.
Which surely is what it's all about?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts