Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new to owning alfa's :) (Alfa 155, 1997) but I have a problem. I bought the car a few weeks ago second hand (directly from the previous owner). Today I left the radio on and the battery went flat. The code light is on on the dashboard but I don't have the code cards. What do I do next (I've left a msg for the previous owner but in case he doesnt get back to me, I want a backup plan). Will I just have to wait until my local alfa dealer opens on Monday..................and have no alfa for the w/e :(

Thanks

Sean

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have you recharged the battery? If not, do this, if it still won't work try another battery if possible.

The code system on Alfa of this period don't like flat batteries....boosting from another car may work too.

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Have you recharged the battery? If not, do this, if it still won't work try another battery if possible.

The code system on Alfa of this period don't like flat batteries....boosting from another car may work too.

wrinx
If I recharge the battery fully should the car start without me entering the code? Even tho the code light is on the dash?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully yes, not guaranteed, but has worked for me twice and others on this board.

Once, I did exaclty what you did, ran the battery down while I was polishing the V6 for Alfa day (took all day!) and the second time was when the twinny has been stood for about 8 months and had a flat battery. On both occassions the CODE light came on until I raplced the battery on the twinny and had a boost for the V6.

wrinx

·
Registered
564 Posts
Try Wrinx's idea first as your going to have to either charge or replace the battery, if this doesn't work you can try disconnecting the code box for about 15 seconds this has worked for a local AA man when his daughters Spider decided not to start. The code box is situated behind the panel directly below the clocks and to the right of the steering column and mine is yellow in colour. I hope this helps......... :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the yellow box and Bingo, I'm back on the road.........

Thanks guys :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what system code 00888852 means on the ***** 159 ti please? Just came on tonight n I don't know what it means?
Cheers.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
You'll have a much better chance of a sensible answer if you ask in the 159 lounge, I think......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts