Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just waiting bored out of my brain for some new tyres to be fitted to my 916 Spider today. Saw this game on a forum but thought we could Alfa-fy it a bit.
3 budgets

£5k
£10k
£20k
Which Alfa would you buy for each level and why?

For me...
5k = GTV TS, blue with tan interior ideally, or a 145 cloverleaf in need of work. Love both.
10k = maybe squeak a 147gta and then beg the bank for a loan to make sure it doesn’t fall apart. Probably my dream ‘attainable’ Alfa.
20k = A late model 80s Spider as near to mint as possible. I just love the design, I could stare at one for days.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Great idea! :)

£5 k = GTV 6 parts car for...
£10k = GTV 6 daily drive, while...
£20k = GTV 6 minter for high days

I think I have bent the rules here a bit :)

so to play fair, I agree with a mint 145 Cloverleaf. If £20k can bag me a used petrol Giulia (even a simple spec one) then that’ll do :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Rather like that colour :) and those wheels.

and yes, you need a Busso at some point in your life :)

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
5k....159 2.0JTDM...as a run about. Yes I know I have one....but a nicer later one with rather lower miles.

10K....156 GTA Rolling roject car.

20k.... Giulia Quad. Yes I know that they are only down to about 30K for an early one yet....but there will be a leggy one with a bit of cosmetic damage out there somewhere for 20k....or better still in my case a poorly motor!! (Im far better at rebuilding engines than body work that I would have to pay someone else for!!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I prefer the look of the 159 to the Giulia, the appeal of the Giulia is more to do with the drive it apparently offers. Have you done a lot of work on your 159’s engine?

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
The 159 I drove for a few days back in 2006 seemed nothing special except for how it looked and how it felt approaching the thing when holding the key. Driving it though? Meh is the current expression. A bit like a cream cake really. All about the anticipation.
The Giulia however , doesn’t do a lot for me aesthetically but very together in feel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 159 I drove for a few days back in 2006 seemed nothing special except for how it looked and how it felt approaching the thing when holding the key. Driving it though? Meh is the current expression. A bit like a cream cake really. All about the anticipation.
The Giulia however , doesn’t do a lot for me aesthetically but very together in feel.
Similar to how I feel in the Brera vs GTV debate. The Brera looks sensational but lacks the character of the GTV to drive imo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Similar to how I feel in the Brera vs GTV debate. The Brera looks sensational but lacks the character of the GTV to drive imo.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
The Brera is...imo of course ugly with a fat arse (front looks great though!) and is too heavy...and looks it's. Apart from rust I personally think the GTV is a better drivers car that looks better...I prefer the GT to the Brera too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Brera is...imo of course ugly with a fat arse (front looks great though!) and is too heavy...and looks it's. Apart from rust I personally think the GTV is a better drivers car that looks better...I prefer the GT to the Brera too.
Mate you should have seen a Brera I’d put a deposit down on. The subframe looked as though it’d been recycled off the Titanic shipwreck. I could see holes. Ran away (after getting my deposit back) as fast as I could.
Also the dealer said FSH - it’d had 5 services in 13 years!!!
I do like both the angular GTV styling and the curvaceous Beyoncé-butt of the Brera. Also the 159 series’ headlights/grille arrangement are near perfect to my eyes.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
£5k, £10k & £20k are too low to tempt me into another Alfa, unless things go ****-up and I need a cheap runaround in which case I'd attempt to find a pristine low-mileage FSH 2.0 petrol GT (Blackline or Cloverleaf) for around £5k.
I guess well over £30k would be needed for a fully restored and therefore mint late-60s boat-tail Spider. In Alfa Red.
Add another £100k+ and I'll have a (modern) 8C,.

·
Registered
533 Posts
£5k 916 GTV V6

£10k Brera S

£20k Unfortunately isn’t quite enough for a 4C! Probably something classic, GTV6 perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
£5k 916 GTV V6

£10k Brera S

£20k Unfortunately isn’t quite enough for a 4C! Probably something classic, GTV6 perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a 3.2 Brera in absolutely mint condition is a great shout. Do you reckon you can get V6 GTVs in good nick for 5k?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts