Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

I'm in a bit of pickle as to what to choose as my next car! I went and test drove the 2.2 Brera loved the car. But I have been doing some research and would really like the v6. The only thing that is putting me off is mpg is it as bad as it seems? From the book I have it only seems 4mg or so off the 2.2 or are Alfa telling porkies? I don’t do mega mileage under 8k so would I be ok with v6? I have about 30k to play with thanks to my granddad :cool: I have looked at the VW Scricco and Audi A3 dony think they looked or had much to them compared to the Alfa. It’s only going to cost another 200 quid over the 2.2 to insure. I’m thinking while I have the money to buy the v6 and insure it I may as well go for it because I’m sure I will always be wishing I would have got one. I’m hoping to get one end of July and can’t wait as I’m driving round in a ford ka :cry: . Anyway thought I would post and say Hi :)

Laura

·
Registered
228 Posts
the 2.4 jtdm is a ggod engine have a look at that as well.
i thought about the v6 but i do 15000+ a year plus the road tax is £400:eek:, so i got the diesel and i love it:)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey folks

I'm in a bit of pickle as to what to choose as my next car! I went and test drove the 2.2 Brera loved the car. But I have been doing some research and would really like the v6. The only thing that is putting me off is mpg is it as bad as it seems? From the book I have it only seems 4mg or so off the 2.2 or are Alfa telling porkies? I don’t do mega mileage under 8k so would I be ok with v6? I have about 30k to play with thanks to my granddad :cool: I have looked at the VW Scricco and Audi A3 dony think they looked or had much to them compared to the Alfa. It’s only going to cost another 200 quid over the 2.2 to insure. I’m thinking while I have the money to buy the v6 and insure it I may as well go for it because I’m sure I will always be wishing I would have got one. I’m hoping to get one end of July and can’t wait as I’m driving round in a ford ka :cry: . Anyway thought I would post and say Hi :)

Laura
Hi Lycara, and welcome.
Sounds like you've made a good choice. I suppose the only choice to make is the colour.
Which one are you going for.
I don't think you will regret the purchase, I've been pleased with mine.
If you want to know anything about the car, PM me.
Andy.:)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey folks

Laura
Hello, welcome. Just a quick note on the mileage, I get 350 miles from about £60 of petrol... You most likely get a helluva lot more from your Ka, but if you do low miles it's all about Smiles Per Gallon :)

Doesn't matter which of these cars you get, your not going to get great MPG...

Perhaps you should look at a Mito if MPG's a primary concern. I have loan of one just now, the 155bhp is a good laugh to drive, but it doesn't come close in any way to the Brera.

I love my v6, it's about the best car I ever owned and can't recommend it enough, but having never drove a 2.2, don't let me put you off!

I had a look at a Scirocco before I got the Brera, and I wasn't disappointed with my choice.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Oh, and another thing, unless you are up for doing track days etc, don't go for the 'S', the standard Brera's more comfy for day to day, but still handles extremely well when you want to push it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello

Thanx for your comments I have decided I relay want the Brera S I will be doing some track days and doing a trip to the ring next year plus love the 19 alloys on the S. The mpg inst of huge concern as andrewaudi said I do get a fair amount mpg in the Ka but not the most exciting car to drive. Any car will feel fast compared to the ka lol. I reckon I will have lots more fun with that v6 over the 2.2. As for the Mito idea I'm going wait for the GTA and get one of them in a few years. Colour wise has to be the Alfa red no other colour will do lol.

Laura

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup know all about stone chips on red paint my bfs civic type r is only 5 months old looks more like 2 years old the chips on the bonnet is so bad he is always painting them in.

·
Registered
726 Posts
About the Mito, I got a loan of one while my Breras in the garage, they gave me a 155bhp one and it's massive fun. Pulls really well even in 6th sitting at 70, cause that's where the turbo kicks in. I think it pulls even better there than the brera in 6th at that kind of speed. Obviously if you drop a cog the brera would blow it away. The mitos like an egar puppy, a great laugh and I wouldn't be dissapointed to be stuck with one anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just rang another dealer going to test drive the 2.2 and the 3.2 back to back to compare and see which one I like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went and test drove the 3.2 and I'm getting the 3.2 now and have even ordered one today. I got a great deal, 24k with an music entertainment system which a guy in the in house garage is fitting he was from Ferrari the guy said :cool: . I cant wait to go get it so excited :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was mangoletsi great bunch of people down there. I told him I had seen a 3.2 Brera S on the web for 25k he gave me the car for 23k plus 4k for my ford Ka. The entertainment system was 1400 fitted there by them so no worries about warranty. 2K was from them plus they have a deal on at the moment where you get another 2k if you buy a Brera S. So I think I got a good deal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best thing IMHO about the Brera S 3.2 is the stunning leather dashboard. I saw one in touring grey in HR Owen in Fulham and fell in love with it... the leather dash is an option in the 2.2, but worth every penny I'd say.

Sadly they don't do the 2.4JTDm engine in "S" variant. I'm looking to sell my 159 and take a Brera on contract hire, great deals on the 2.4 diesel which attracted me to this, but now that I've seen that stunning S with grey paint and leather dash I'm in love. But part of the reason I want to change is the truly awful fuel economy of my 159 Q4.

I see that the S brochure says that Competizione Red paint is available POA... does anyone know what that costs, or is it one of those things if you have to ask how much you can't afford it?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea the leather dash is very swish feels like your in a Aston Martin. I feel I got a great deal and very chuffed with my purchase and hope I get many happy years of motoring out of my new alfa :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yea the leather dash is very swish feels like your in a Aston Martin. I feel I got a great deal and very chuffed with my purchase and hope I get many happy years of motoring out of my new alfa :)
Might have been worth getting the Brera S just for the leather dash...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its not somthing I was that bothered about but when I sat in the car it just finishes the inside of the car off. :) I think the S is the one to go for and the 3.2 over the 2.2 if yo can afford one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts