Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

so I bought one of those blue tooth adaptors from amazon, plugs in to the cd changer/aux input. Now I know that the bluetooth adaptor works as I've bench tested it, my phone sees it and there is an output on the audio pins however no sound from the head unit, any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,

so I bought one of those blue tooth adaptors from amazon, plugs in to the cd changer/aux input. Now I know that the bluetooth adaptor works as I've bench tested it, my phone sees it and there is an output on the audio pins however no sound from the head unit, any ideas?

Thanks
Chris
Done a bit of research on this so I'm going to answer my own question here so if anyone else has the same issue they'll know what the answer is. These adaptors do not work with the Brera head unit. The Blue connectors would require a data connection on pins 13 and 14 to tell the HU that there is something plugged in and what to do with it. The type with the yellow socket use the phone in connections, they do work but, from what I can gather there is a volume issue. All is not lost though, looks like the best way is to spend a bit more money (isn't it always?) and buy one of these Bluetooth streaming interface / audio adapter for Alfa Romeo car stereos (carinterface.nl) These use the Blue socket connections and the data pins so you'll get track control from the steering wheel etc. I'm going to get one of these and update this thread accordingly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I won't be telling you all how wonderful the above Bluetooth adaptor is because the company that sells them will not ship to the UK claiming that they do not have distribution rights for the UK but oddly enough seem to be the manufacturers of the product? Don't suppose there are any members based in the Netherlands that would like to do the UK members a favour??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts