Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just check how that Brera pulls...kind of lets one think that if this was the 2007 release of the Brera with this engine and drivetrain...what a success it would have been?

So, the guys who speak to the heads at Alfa...is there plans to bring a Brera 1750 TBi to SA?

BRERA TBI -VS 156 GTA - YouTube

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
LOL "LOL, beaten by that vacuum cleaner engine that is dead after 5500 RPM, does not matter how many people were in the GTA, it's still a very bad result. I would check the GTA for problems, if it were mine."

P

·
0 Posts
Perhaps the Brera is modded? Maybe they at altitude?

Guili the Brera concept had a 3.8l V6 or V8 in it. Can't remember if it was a V6 or V8. From the pics I saw it looked like a Maserati sourced V8, yet the production car never saw that engine... Imagine that engine in the Brera. It would have weighed 2.5tons :cheese:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
apparently the brera and the spider 1750 are coming

P

·
0 Posts
So too are the TCT's for the MiTo and Giulietta! Coming middle of the year!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When is the brera coming and how much will it cost???

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Will they revive the Brera and Spider production as well?
What’s next the return of the 155.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
TN we will get leftovers like we always do

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
guys when will the Brera TBi Ti come here...I smaaak that car in white!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Ex stock as per usual.:rolleyes:
Then the Brera 1750 will unfortunately be the same unit as used in the 159 and not the G’s power plant.
Do you think they still have one or two 155’s in storage as well? :lol:I know a couple of people who still think they are the best.:rolleyes: Shame apparently there’s no medicine for it.:cheese:

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
I am one of those people TN.... I would kill for a brand new 155, preferably a 2.0 TS Sport..... but any one would do......
I loved them since they were launched, drooled over them when I could not afford it, bought a nice one when I could...... and then in a haze of stupidity sold it :cry:
Brad's Grandad now drives mine...... at least it is in an Alfisi Family, and leads a good calm life..(I really hanmmered that car when I owned it, and it never broke down)

Sorry about thread jack, back on topic
Our future unfortunately holds only small turbocharged engines, good to know they can keep up with the old boys :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
They were special but like all good things there time has come and gone.

Only two things that was better on a 155 than a 156.
1 AC
2 Lower control arms last longer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Having both (a Spider with the 1750 and a 156 GTA SW) i can tell you it's that video is no surprise for me... granted, they are two different worlds, i do love both of them and each one has some better thing over the other.

The Brera weight is not that much over the GTA, mine are some 50/60 Kg apart, so if it's three people on the GTA it means same weight..

The GTA has much more power (50 bhp is 50bhp after all), but i can tell you up to 70/80 mph, expecially if it's on something like 50 to 80 mph the brera WILL beat the GTA.. then the GTA will pass on. Don't forget that the 1750 Giulietta QV (235Mbhp) has a 70-120 (Km/h) in the same league as an M3 (feb 2011) (!)

It is a VERY nice engine, plenty of torque, and indeed the best one on the Brera/Spider IMHO... you can easily cruise on a mountain pass in third if you wish, with plenty of torque and response when you need it.
It really has just two bad things:
A) Does not rev much (but you really miss it on the track only)
B) It doesn't have a soundtrack... any... ever.. almost (and this you miss it much more)

Even though you start appreaciating the B point if you want to drive it more relaxed, or on a long trip.. and you wish, well you know where novitec, supersprint and regazzon are, don't you? :D

Can't remember if it was a V6 or V8. From the pics I saw it looked like a Maserati sourced V8, yet the production car never saw that engine...
It was a Maserati V8, correct..

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Ex stock as per usual.:rolleyes:
Then the Brera 1750 will unfortunately be the same unit as used in the 159 and not the G’s power plant.
Do you think they still have one or two 155’s in storage as well? :lol:I know a couple of people who still think they are the best.:rolleyes: Shame apparently there’s no medicine for it.:cheese:
:tut: watch it buster.... :p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think Carlo is one of those guys who'll put a rubber snake in someones sleeping bag on a hunting trip.... :rant:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts