Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a breakers yard I can try for a replacement dash unit (speedo head) cos the LCD in the middle of my dash has had it.
I've found one place, Mitchel Vehicle Dismantlers, but they want £100+VAT +delivery and after only just buying the car and booking it in for its cambelt I'm a bit skint!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zulu, What a helpful guy.
Says he doesn't have a dash unit to sell me, but had a good chat about what it could be, he strongly urges me to check to see if it's just a backlight that's stopped working, rather than forking out £120 for a replacement second-hand(or £500+ new!).

He says that electric window switches are coded to the car, and therefore you can't fit second-hand replacements! How mad is that! It's a switch for god's sake!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, The place I found have a speedo head, they want £100 +VAT +delivery, AlfaBetta don't think they'd have one, he's looking for me right now. If they did they'd only charge me £35! I hope they find one!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other Breakers I can try?
I'm struggling to find one with a speedo from a 147 Sele. I refuse to spend £100 from a place that quoted me £25 for a second hand cupholder section, when a brand new one is £19!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ben B said:
Any other Breakers I can try?
I'm struggling to find one with a speedo from a 147 Sele. I refuse to spend £100 from a place that quoted me £25 for a second hand cupholder section, when a brand new one is £19!

Take the £100 before someone else gets it. New for a Spider was around £700 two years ago, since you have to buy the whole unit not just the LCD display.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found one! £65.
Including the cupholder section I need and postage it came to £80. Got it from Sherburn Alfa Romeo Spares

In case somebody's searching in the future for Breakers Yards stocking Alfas, here's a list of those I tried:

AlfaAid 01628 788 887 (very helpful fella!)
Alfa Betta Cars 07976 384 980
Sherburn Alfa Spares 01977 684 222
K&L Autos 0208 458 3879
Avon Autospares 0845 1 300 122
Mitchell Vehicle Dismantlers 01242 672 811 But they tried to overcharge me!

That might be usefull if someone stumbles across this in a search in the future! Took me ages to find a list of breakers who had any Alfa's in!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know you've found what you want but I've used the http://www.partsgateway.co.uk in the past. You basically pick your car model put in what your looking for and if a registered dismantler/breakers has the part they'll email you and with a price. Easier than searching around for one. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ben B said:
AlfaBetta don't think they'd have one, he's looking for me right now. If they did they'd only charge me £35! I hope they find one!
Rich is a good bloke and very helpful ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know you've found what you want but I've used the The Parts Gateway: Find A Part in the past.
+1 for parts Gateway.
I was in the position of having to pay hundreds to have a new Selespeed pump fitted. (New prive £359!!!!) Parts Gateway found me several second hand ones, the cheapest being just £88 inc vat and free delivery from Sherburn Alfa & Fiat.
Arrived promptly and appears to be in good condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts