Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simple question, why do Alfa badges wear so badly?? My front one is faded & the rear one is gone all yellow!!

have to log on to ebay me thinks & buy some new ones!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I have always had to change my badges on my Alfas. Just done both on the GTV.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I've got an 07 plate 159 and have had to change the front one. Unfortunately the only way seemed to be buying the whole chrome surround with badge, at around £35-40!
Then the nice men at Simply Alfa took the old one off, was a paper thin metal stick on job, then replaced it with another, bit of double sided tape, bingo.
Bit worrying though, 2 and a half years old and needs a new badge.

N

·
0 Posts
Complex coloured emblem that is harder to produce (well)
on the cheap than a single chromed bit of plastic.

H

·
0 Posts
I've got one on order from me mate Gus at Alfatune :D

It's the front one that's buggered looks like a stonechip pierced the outer flim and it's really faded :(
Back ones ok tho :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
My 155's front badge is 15 yo and has been to Jupiter and back. Apart from some stone chips in the lacquer sustained through the asteroid belt of the M25, which is starting to lift as moisture is getting in behind it now, it's pretty outstanding.

Rear one is newer as the boot lock had some grief and the new lock came with a new badge.. but that's 5 or 6 yo now too and that's fine.

Both badges are a teeeeeny bit discoloured through UV.. but give them some wax now and then and they'll last well. They're the "2D printed on plastic film under a clear top film" type.

My 145 has a 3D chrome/embossed front badge with the badge elements coloured in with pigment/paint/epoxy. That's gone well faded.. and the the colour comes off when you rub it. The rear badge is as the 155 (2D plastic.. so almost doesn't match the front badge) and has lasted a lot better.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have both badges on "3d", lady in one of those mini SUV's made me change the front one (reversed into it) although that one was ok. Rear one started fading this summer.

Got a couple of them stored at home just in case

1 - 9 of 9 Posts