Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
On average, 5 percent of all new cars broke down in the last year, 27 percent had faults -- meaning something had to be replaced like a heater fan-- and 19 percent had niggles like squeaky cabin trim.
This is actually a great statement.

Either Alfa Romeo has a market share of 5% or 19% (you pick what you want to read) or the prejudice about the reliability of Alfa Romeo is totally unfounded and the other cars in the UK are total crap :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
They say Alfa came joint bottom for "owners' satisfaction with servicing and repairs " not the actual cars. I know that my local alfa garage (Vardy's) are absolutly terrible i hate having to go to them but that is who my warrenty is with!!!

I know its something that Alfa is looking at, and its about time too!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
As Q Toy points out, the survey measured 2 things, reliability and customer satisfaction with servicing and repairs.

Whilst I am sure there is a causal link (e.g. an unreliable car is going to mean more exposure to how a dealer handles customer service for repairs) all this survey does is confirm that Alfa Dealers do not provide much in the way of customer satisfaction (e.g. doing the service when they promised, keeping customers informed of things).

These things go a long way to offsetting any reliability issues (e.g. a car fault where you get excellent customer service will actually improve dealer satisfaction whilst reducing reliablity score).

At the end of the day, customer service is pretty basic 'do to others as you would want done to you'.

It would be interesting to know how much of the period surveyed fell within Alfa's dealer improvement programme.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts