Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
We have a very special Alfa on the NEC Classic stand this year ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Alfa missed a trick. they should be selling their old cars. Can you imagine what a rehash of the classics will look like in todays standards :vomit:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Speaking of the original 8C, it gives me the chance to post this from last year, which to my mind is much better than anything auction related (sorry OP!):

Goodwood Revival said:
The very deserving Rolex Driver of the Meeting at the 2012 Goodwood Revival was Max Werner, who drove his 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Monza race car all the way from Dusseldorf on his own, accompanied only by basic hand tools and a healthy slice of enthusiasm. On arrival he was offered help in preparing the car, to which he replied “Don’t worry; I checked the oil and tyres before I left home!” He even turned down help with a pit board because he wasn’t too concerned about speed or lap times; he was just here to have fun! Despite a few scrapes along the way, including a spellbinding fight back from eighth place, he stormed through to win the Brooklands Trophy, and then drove all the way back home again to Germany – a round trip of some 800 miles!
What a hero! :cool:

Pictures of the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6k8ZB0WhxQ&noredirect=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts