Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the better half popped to the shop for bread, a friend came past on his bike, did a double take:wow: and came to say hello, it wasn't me he wanted to talk to, after a couple of minutes of drooling over MY CAR I offered him a spin, well 4 miles, big grins and repeated listen to it just listen to it later we returned to the families, whereupon he started slating his V Tech Honda and working out if the "other half" would believe a V6 Sportwagon was a practical runabout.:cheese:
:inlove: Don't you just love Alfas?:inlove: No one acted like that when we bought the Picasso.:eek:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha I parked it locked and alarmed at a friends house last night, perhaps I should sleep in it?:cheese:

·
Registered
781 Posts
What I find most perplexing is that almost all of the people who have said or nodded in admiration of my car (at service station/intersection/neighbourhood) drove BMW's. :confused:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of people admire Alfas, but don't always have the confidence to buy one, and so make the "easy" choice, :tut: BMW or Ford:tut: or whatever, it took me a while to pluck up the courage, but I'm glad I did:cheese:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had another guy get out of his Merc. walk over , ask how long I'd had my Bella and said he was jealous 'cos they're the best cars and he really fancied a 156.
He'd owned a 75 with a 3.0 in it and he reckoned they sound better than any V8, he'd also had a junior too.
Another guy in the village was looking at it and asked to see the engine, I was a little concerned when he lovingly caressed the Alfa Romeo script on the engine and said HIS first car was a junior, and he always had a passion for Alfas.
He drives a 911;)

So to sum up.
Alfas rock:thumbs:
Can some one point me at a Junior as I don't know what they look like, and I'm supposed to be an Alfisti:eek:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
A lot of people admire Alfas, but don't always have the confidence to buy one, and so make the "easy" choice, :tut: BMW or Ford:tut: or whatever, it took me a while to pluck up the courage, but I'm glad I did:cheese:
agree with that totally! they get too much bad press which puts people off :( glad i bought mine too :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts