Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I wonder if anyone will be able to help me. My brother bought a 916 GTV and the central locking don't seem to work. We did research and found out that the key has to be linked to the car by using a 4 digit code. But the car is second hand and the tag with the code on it was not given to us. Please if anyone can help we would appreciate the help very very much

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
First, we need to know what Alarm is fitted to the car. As remote locking is a function of the alarm system, is the fob/plip, integral with the key (Alfa alarm system), or a separate fob/plip (Meta, Scorpion etc)? By your description it seems that you have identified the system as Alfa, correct?

Have you read this post - Alfa Alarm, this is only applicable to an Alfa alarm only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alfa Central locking

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Yes it is a alfa system, it is the stock system that the car is released with. We were told by Alfa professionals that if you don't have the 4 digit code you won't be able to sync the key to the car.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
No fear, if you read the first post in the link in my first post there is someone who can retrieve the alarm code.

*if you don't have a 4 digit alfa code, don't stress. Contact Tony from datarecall at [email protected] and he will retrieve it from an old key circuit board or from the receiver that is located behind the rear-view mirror.
He is located in the UK, and he is more than happy to help you if your from overseas. Cheap too unlike some places online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts