Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It was a good-looking car, until they tried to turn it into an 8C and missed by quite some distance.

I'm guessing it wasn't cheap to do either - are those genuine 8C wheels?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
This has been doing the rounds for a couple of months. It was even in Auto Italia classifieds, I guess there has been very little positive response and I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Seen it before. Made me sick then and still does.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I have a large supply of cardboard vomit bowls should anyone wish to order them!?

Free for all OA members, all you pay is £15 P&P...

..oh wait, that would be taking the ****.

Much like that horrendous car :p

·
Premium Member
77,413 Posts
Strange thing to do, at first. Then you think about it, and there is a kind of desperate aspirational logic to it. It's probably quite nice to drive.

Would I like it on my drive?

No, the shame would kill me.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That car is a sin....

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
can't find words to compliment a beauty of that car.

There are none. it's an awful gut wrenching thing. :vomit:

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,424 Posts
i can see why someone may want to convert an MR2 into a 355 Ferrari. That's an upgrade I get.

But the Maserati Coupe is a desirable and very nice car in its own right. To make one look worse and not really that much like the intended subject, seems a bit odd to me. Each to their own, mind...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Why would you want it. You would be better off with the maserati ! don't get it :irked:

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
It has been around for a while. It's utter dog sheite

Strange thing to do, at first. Then you think about it, and there is a kind of desperate aspirational logic to it. It's probably quite nice to drive.

Would I like it on my drive?

No, the shame would kill me.
Yes, but it would be nice to drive as a 4200 :)

i can see why someone may want to convert an MR2 into a 355 Ferrari. That's an upgrade I get.

But the Maserati Coupe is a desirable and very nice car in its own right. To make one look worse and not really that much like the intended subject, seems a bit odd to me. Each to their own, mind...
I disagree 110%. The MR2 MKII is a lovely motor to start with. Once you glue plastic panels that fit like a donkey's breakfast along with ludicrously wide wheel spacers and the fact you look a bigger **** driving your plastic pig than the real thing then I don't get it. Well I do, it is because the owner in many cases believes that folk will think he/she is a cool as.. :lol: driving a Ferrari :lol:

An upgrade it is not. This really is a downgrade.

However I agree to the point that to butcher a beautiful Maserati into this abhorrence is criminal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts