Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im selling my 75 :-( (but am not really sure what its worth).
Good:
solid car, lots of history, mots, ncts (current nct expires september 2012), taxed (expires may 2012)

Bad, one rear caliper is siezed, it will need to be looked at. battery is on the way out, needs a good service.

ugly the paint has a good deal of laquer peel, and there is a crack in one bumper where i bumped into a piller.

So good people of alfa owner, what is it worth, and is anyone interested?

Also selling a 2003 audi a4 1.9 tdi if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Lenny

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
far greater market in the uk than here lenny so might be no harm putting it on pistonheads, as far as value I wouldnt have a clue, i got mine cheap but for a good reason. Check the prices on pistonheads and you'll get some sort of idea what its worth

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
is it a v6? how long before it gets classic tax? what colour? did you ask (i. e. Gerry) roughly how much would it cost to get it fixed?

M

·
0 Posts
Well I had the pleasure of driving this machine and it pulls very well and holds the road beautifully. These were without doubt one of the last well bolted together alfas from a day gone by...

D

·
0 Posts
Good luck with the sale man. Shame I have no room for the yoke I'd like to buy one of them.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Well I had the pleasure of driving this machine and it pulls very well and holds the road beautifully. These were without doubt one of the last well bolted together alfas from a day gone by...
so, could _you_ answer my questions then? It seems I can't afford the Coupe, and I'll need something else to keep the adrenaline flowing.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Its a 2l ts in red. tbh a sticking calliper is nothing to get sorted. There are pics of it somewhere at cclive Ill see if I can find them
Frank you have to remember that Levante wouldn't get his hands dirty like you!!!

Be well tempted myself if the sud goes!!!

Although I said I'd hang back for a while get the other two classics sorted....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
While we're 'here' I'm planning to lower my brown Sud with donor sourced complete struts for the front and springs for the back. Want to paint them - black hammerite do the trick or do you have anything else you could recommend.
Sorry for the hijack Lenny!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
While we're 'here' I'm planning to lower my brown Sud with donor sourced complete struts for the front and springs for the back. Want to paint them - black hammerite do the trick or do you have anything else you could recommend.
Sorry for the hijack Lenny!!

Dunno about the springs Rory but I did some of wishbones and links in hammerite and it held up pretty well so far. Should be fine

·
Registered
5,942 Posts

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
82 D? that's classic tax and insurance next year... hmmm...
Which one Levante?

Classic insurance starts at 25 years for first car (20 years for second car with Axa).

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
hey rory, i currently have the 33 tank removed, am almost finished sanding it down, but will be spraying with hammerite stone chip and once thats done there is no need to paint, you can get the stone chip in eitherblack or grey. Powdercoating i think might be a bit expensive.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
hey rory, i currently have the 33 tank removed, am almost finished sanding it down, but will be spraying with hammerite stone chip and once thats done there is no need to paint, you can get the stone chip in eitherblack or grey. Powdercoating i think might be a bit expensive.
Great stuff Mark! Think the guys on the 33/Sud forum have done something similar.
Where did you buy yours? Fancy the black myself.

L

·
0 Posts
Hey lads this is a 75 thread not a 33 thread.

Lenny did you receive my PM? An answer would be polite, let it be Yes/No or otherwise.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts