Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw pics of 4c today...and i might not still be in love with my qv anymore..the 4c is beautiful.
what do you guys reckon...though at 40gs she could be a bit high maintenance.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
50,000 euro, not pounds. At today's rate, that's £41,000, or about the price of a Porsche Cayman (not the S).

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Elise in size. But from the spy pics, i think slightly bigger. I hope the interior isn't bland like an Elise either :confused:

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Hmm, not really a car for a grown man, then :)
Quite right, thats the main drawback from me purchasing one. The practicality. I need a boot that can at least fit a suitcase, 2 extra rear seats would also be a massive plus, however i dont think these two things will come standard. So i think if i purchase one, i will need to keep my 159 :lol:

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Elise in size. But from the spy pics, i think slightly bigger. I hope the interior isn't bland like an Elise either :confused:

Saluti, Giordano.
It looks bigger in the metal composite than photos suggest. Nearer to Evora size than Elise I'd say.

And if the interior is anything like the one in the prototype we saw, it certainly can't be described as bland, :thumbs:. Much better than the Evora in that respect.

Now, all it needs is a stonking V6 like the Evora (OK, I know - that'll turn it into a 6C, :rolleyes:) to make it complete aurally as well as visually, :D. I did nearly 700 miles in the Evora pictured below (and alongside the 4C concept for comparison), and I fell totally :inlove: with it - so much so that it is on my next car shortlist. The 4C will need to be 100% on its game to stand any chance of joining it there, :(.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the photo comparisons RRZ - both cars are strikingly similar. With Lotus expertise in composites could it be that they had a hand in the design? At 40K I will be looking at the GT85 for my next sportscar.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It looks bigger in the metal composite than photos suggest. Nearer to Evora size than Elise I'd say.

And if the interior is anything like the one in the prototype we saw, it certainly can't be described as bland, :thumbs:. Much better than the Evora in that respect.

Now, all it needs is a stonking V6 like the Evora (OK, I know - that'll turn it into a 6C, :rolleyes:) to make it complete aurally as well as visually, :D. I did nearly 700 miles in the Evora pictured below alongside the 4C for comparison, and I fell totally :inlove: with it - so much so that it is on my next car shortlist. The 4C will need to be 100% on its game to stand any chance of joining it there, :(.
Yeh thats what i said, bigger then the Elise. I love the 4C from every angle, however the front end looks a bit too futuristic for my liking, i hope the production version has a few more classic front lines, to take it from striking to beautiful.

Although, all spy shots suggest that not too many changes have taken place.

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

Now, all it needs is a stonking V6 like the Evora (OK, I know - that'll turn it into a 6C, :rolleyes:) to make it complete aurally as well as visually, :D. I did nearly 700 miles in the Evora pictured below alongside the 4C for comparison, and I fell totally :inlove: with it - so much so that it is on my next car shortlist. The 4C will need to be 100% on its game to stand any chance of joining it there, :(.
Thanks for this :thumbs:. I'd resigned myself to not fitting into a 4C 'cause it looked tiny in the photos. I now have a glimmer of hope :D.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I drove an Evora a year or so ago... it was OK... but i actually thought the basic Elise was much nicer car ... way better than my wifes VX220 ...

I dont think a V6 will happen... somehow... 4Cylinder Turbo will be good enough...

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
That made me want a Lotus.
Space for the dogs in the back?
Just about room for 1 biggish (German Shepherd etc) or a couple of smaller ones - if you get an Evora with the +2 option, the mutts will even get a padded 'shelf' to rest their furry posteriors on, :D. Unfortunately my 2 are XL sized, so whatever 'toy' I end up with I'll still need an estate car of some description to provide their regular taxi service to the beach etc, :rolleyes: :lol:.

·
Registered
35,985 Posts
Thanks for the photo comparisons RRZ - both cars are strikingly similar. With Lotus expertise in composites could it be that they had a hand in the design? At 40K I will be looking at the GT85 for my next sportscar.
They had help from Dallara , who reputedly worked on the KTM Crossbow ,and the production will be by Maserati.
Lotus did tout the Elise around all the car companies and only GM took them up the offer with the Opel / Vauxhall Vx220

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
50,000 euro, not pounds. At today's rate, that's £41,000, or about the price of a Porsche Cayman (not the S).
Time will tell - the information was from this weeks Autocar previewing the 2013 cars, and it was pounds - and yes they have been wrong before, many times

1 - 20 of 85 Posts