Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi about a hour ago i was out in my sportwagon driving around no probs whatsoever then stopped for a chinkie and now the car wont start ... :( it fires up then dies i thought i had run out of petrol so i got some but still the same has anyone got any idea what it could be.....ps the fuel pump buzzs a bit could it be this?.. thanks mark

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
ALFAMALE said:
hi about a hour ago i was out in my sportwagon driving around no probs whatsoever then stopped for a chinkie and now the car wont start ... :( it fires up then dies i thought i had run out of petrol so i got some but still the same has anyone got any idea what it could be.....ps the fuel pump buzzs a bit could it be this?.. thanks mark
It depends what sort of buzzing it is. In this sort of situation you tend to hear noises that have always been there. :eek: If the engine fires then there must be some fuel there, and there must be a spark, so it could be down to something a bit trickier! :mad: Any host of engine management related things could be causing it. A trip to somewhere with a computer looks to be in order. :rolleyes:

Buck

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
My late 33 always had a buzzing sound from the fuel pump ... that's normal (I think ;) )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts