Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Does the yellow 'code' light go off after a few seconds when you turn the key to the first click?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will have to check that,the only light i think is on is the red injector light,cheers for your text

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Most of the lights on the dashboard come on when you first turn the key, it takes the engine a few seconds to do some checks and then most of the lights should go out. The code light is in the middle section between the speedo/revs cowls, where the door-open/handbrake-on warning lights are. There is also an airbag light and the ABS light in that middle section. The yellow code light should come on when you turn the key to the first click, and then go out after a few seconds.

Depending on whether that yellow code light stays on or goes out leads you down totally different paths of further investigation.. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help,i will check that first thing in the morning,it is a car that i am going to be breaking and i would like to see if i can get the engine running first.

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
First dibs on the headlights please. What are the alloys it has on like? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a 1.8 and a 2.5 156.The 1.8 has been sitting for a while and it wouldn't start the other day.It turned out to be the fuel cut out switch under the passenger seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts