Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
That would mean that they have not looked at or worked
on the 166 replacement since retiring it.

How odd.

Or it's just "market analysts" doing their usual of making stuff up.

U

·
0 Posts
Since FIAT have now bailed out Chrysler-Dodge this all seems horribly likely doesn't it? Whats the betting on the FIAT Pentastar 3.6 V6 being the main power unit?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Since FIAT have now bailed out Chrysler-Dodge this all seems horribly likely doesn't it? Whats the betting on the FIAT Pentastar 3.6 V6 being the main power unit?
This doesn't sound like good news at all, what can Chrysler possibly bring to Alfa?

My local dealer Meridien Bournemouth are also Chrysler dealers, I have to walk past Chrysler products to get to the stairs up to the Alfa showroom, but last time I went they had a one of those horrible Chrysler 300 things up there with the Alfas. The 300 must be just about the ugliest car ever produced in the history of the world. A marriage made in Hell...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The 300 must be just about the ugliest car ever produced in the history of the world.
Wrong! The 300C is gangsta and quite unique. It can be a bit bling, but it's nowhere near 'ugliest car ever produced in the history of the world' - I hear Ssangyong have trademarked that phrase so Citroen, Toyota and the rest have to pay royalties to use it.:p
Subaru once wanted to release a model called the Impreza Ugliest Car Ever Produced in the History of the World, but after Ssangyong threatened to sue, they just called it the Subaru Impreza Casa Blanca. :D

You mean hearsay, or heresy?:p

·
Registered
8,063 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
At least it would give us a RWD chasis.
Alfa worked wonders with the old Tipo floorpan, maybe they could manage something similar with this? :confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have to agree with you K9d, that picture of 169 is:vomit:
What the hell are Alfa doing! Alfas current range is stunning, and they want to introduce that!
OH DEAR!

J

·
0 Posts
. . .an obsolete Mercedes RWD chassis.:(
which, according to the critics had very good handling characteristics, better than the car that replaced it

the 300C may not have been the best looking car in the world, but it was a bloody comfortable ride that was both compliant and could still cut it in the twisties, i had one on loan for a while and really went to town on it, i was seriously thinking about buying one at one point

D

·
0 Posts
Love the 300C and the latest Charger as well, that says more about me though than it does anyone else, :lol:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Dudes, the 300C is an updated version of the old E-class. It's still a good platform (just 5 years old basically) and in any case Fiat/Alfa are the world's leading exponents of platform sharing.

'69 won't look like the 300C. The platform is the bits generally which you can't see... the floor pan, the bulkhead, the way the sub-frames fit, the stuff behind the dashboard. Some more "junior" manufacturers platforms limit what you can do with the windscreen and doors too.. but Fiat has leading edge expertise. If they can't make something "completely different" from a 300C then no-one can.

Anyways, it's purley speculation at the moment. Fiat-Chrysler didn't properly exist siince last month, so no chance that anyone has decided anything yet.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This doesn't sound like good news at all, what can Chrysler possibly bring to Alfa?

My local dealer Meridien Bournemouth are also Chrysler dealers, I have to walk past Chrysler products to get to the stairs up to the Alfa showroom, but last time I went they had a one of those horrible Chrysler 300 things up there with the Alfas. The 300 must be just about the ugliest car ever produced in the history of the world. A marriage made in Hell...
your wrong and ben NZ is right, its one cool car!:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts