Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Jumping in...do you have the roof bars yet or are you looking? I have a set of OEM ones in good order, with keys, spanner, all the bits.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finally picked the car up and brought it home last Saturday. So far I have given it a vacuum, washed it, fitted a couple of bulbs that were shot, a new pollen filter and had 2 new Pirelli P Zero Nero's fitted to the rear. Front discs are shot so ordered new discs and pads today and will stick them on before chucking it in for its MOT on the 21st Sept. After that there are some interior trim pieces to tackle and a few other bits and bobs including the dreaded sticky plastics. Great to be back in a 166 though, such wonderful cars.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Bravo Scotty! The 12mm brake disc retaining bolts sometimes seize so it might be good to liberally pre apply WD40?

Reactions: Pomeo

·
Registered
200 Posts
Duck oil is my go to! The biggest issue i've had with doing brakes recently is idiots refitting the retaining bolts with chewed heads on them then you can't get them off! Any idea what size they are and where you buy new ones Rory?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Duck oil is my go to! The biggest issue i've had with doing brakes recently is idiots refitting the retaining bolts with chewed heads on them then you can't get them off! Any idea what size they are and where you buy new ones Rory?
Not Guilty on this occasion .I dont chew them ALTHOUGH the last one I had to drill out as some idiot had done what you said and fitted chewed ones

Back in the fold...Need other oldies oops and youngsters back in the fold

Pomeo

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Scotty I'm almost positive that when I changed the pads on my track car new bolts came with them or am I going crazy?
It will be a few days before I get to my lock up to check...

Reactions: Scott1974T

·
Registered
200 Posts
No bolts in the box. I've done brakes on 3 cars recently using a mixture of Pagid, Brembo and M-Tec discs and none have come with bolts.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Tis the season (MOT) Everything crossed.
Pomeo

21 - 33 of 33 Posts