Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.
The headlamps on my 3.0 166 Super Lusso have stopped 'self' adjusting. The motors dont seem to be doing much - any ideas?

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Hello folks.
The headlamps on my 3.0 166 Super Lusso have stopped 'self' adjusting. The motors dont seem to be doing much - any ideas?
Just got xenons and had to change the sidelights.I stupidly removed the offside levelling motor.I tried the tips on here to move the motor out to an extreme to assist replacement but it didn't move much.

How much did yours move before...Eye'm a nooby in this field.:lol:But I now know...DINNAE REMOVE THE LEVELLING MOTORS TAY CHANGE A BULB.

Pomeo

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
284 Posts

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
4's

there are a few threads on the forum which discuss the problem;

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/249960-166-xenon-head-lamp-aim-range.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/33429-adjust-xenon-lamps.html

to highlight a couple

Pomeo,

did you 'upgrade' a pre F/L 166 from halogens to HID's? If so, how difficult and what was involved? Did you put Xenon lenses on or just stick the new bulbs into the existing units?

Variator
No
N/A
No

Do try and keep up V

Tis a variation on that variater

I bought another motur and it had them fitted at the factory 10 years ago..I think.

Pomeo:)

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
284 Posts
Ah ... right!

So, one more question then. What's your opinion of the HID's vs Halogens?Are they a significant improvement?

Variator (tyring very hard to keep up, sir!)

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Ah ... right!

So, one more question then. What's your opinion of the HID's vs Halogens?Are they a significant improvement?

Variator (tyring very hard to keep up, sir!)
To be honest V..eye was pulling your leg....Although my eyes are dim I cannot see that much diffenece in them

Pomeo

Of course the tester may adjust them at mot time.
I did post about trying to relocayte the dipper /leveller motor and tried all means to get it to move far but only moved a wee bit.
Perhaps thge self leveling things on the sussies needs fixing.Early days tho...only had ger 20 days ..3 morors all 166's and every one different.
That's the joy of learning.;)

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Dae nae worrae Pomae! :D

3 166's! That's a bit of collection!

:thumbs:

variator
Aye'm nay worried V
I'm happy.....BUTT there is always a butt....if the right facelift comes up at the right price..Eye'll bee ecstatic...twill bee a Billy Connolly D I V etc;):D:cheese:

Pomeo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts