Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any pics or even parts going for upgrades to my 3.0 v6 super... respray in spring so maybe subtle body upgrades at the same time... thoughts advise n all please

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I had the Zender bodykit on my 166 Super. It was fabulous and made the car really stand out. Still factory original kit though. Can't be doing with any aftermarket nonsense!

There is a 166 Super on Autotrader with the Zender kit right now to give you an idea (see below). Mind you, the bodykits are like hen's teeth so likely to be very expensive if you find one. The one on Autotrader (below) doesn't have the boot lid spoiler. Mine did and it really finished the car off. Looked superb in every way!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801222970088?sort=sponsored&radius=1501&model=166&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&make=ALFA ROMEO&postcode=rh164eh&page=1

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
That's a very nice 166. A few people have used these guys for items and apparently they are very good. Not sure what they are fabricated from though so you might need to enquire. Probably fibreglass and not ABS so you'd need to be really careful with kerbs, etc!

Alfa 166 Zender-look bodykit [166_BKZ01] - €487 : AutoDS Team Poland
I would have thought it would be made out of ABS plastic like the original. You would need some new side-skirt clips (easy to change) and some decent black tiger seal type adhesive for the other parts. Bit of a fiddle but, once painted and matched to the car, it makes the world of a difference. A real presence on the road if you're willing to make the investment!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep, you'll struggle to get a second hand original one now. I sourced and fitted a SH Zender kit to my 166 about 8 years ago and even back then they were hard to find. It did look fantastic when fitted though. You should email the Auto DS guys and ask them what the kit is made of. Considering how many parts come with that kit it's actually quite good value.

·
Registered
534 Posts
On the AROC fb page there is someone who has 2 sets, looking for £1500 per set, i think that’s optimistic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts